{"id":19032001,"date":"2026-09-29T07:44:54","date_gmt":"2026-09-29T07:44:54","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/tag-and-category-display-issue\/"},"modified":"2026-09-29T07:44:54","modified_gmt":"2026-09-29T07:44:54","slug":"tag-and-category-display-issue","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/tag-and-category-display-issue\/","title":{"rendered":"Tag and Category display issue"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Hi there, <\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Thanks for the great plugin. However, I&#8217;m running into some annoying issues: in the article boxes, when I choose to display the article category, it shows the word &#8220;category&#8221; instead of the actual category name (which does exist : I have both : &#8220;Conseils&#8221; &amp; &#8220;Actus&#8221;). And if I want to display the tag name, it shows the category name first, followed by the tag name.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"> I spent two hours trying to find a solution with ChatGPT (I&#8217;m a web designer, not a developer), and we found a &#8220;temporary&#8221; fix that replaces the YMC category call with the standard WordPress one. But it&#8217;s far from perfect (there&#8217;s a slight lag and a &#8220;flash&#8221; effect when the WP category replaces the YMC one). Most importantly, it only works with the classic box layout; if I choose a custom layout, it stops working.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"> I&#8217;m running the latest version of the YPC plugin. The categories and tags were set up correctly in WP (as proven by the fact that the filter displays them perfectly when needed). In the view I&#8217;m sharing, I&#8217;ve removed the code I added to <code>functions.php<\/code> via ChatGPT so you can see the issue clearly. I&#8217;d really appreciate your help\u2014it&#8217;s incredibly frustrating. <\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">The plugin is amazing, so it&#8217;s maddening that something as basic as displaying categories is glitching out. <\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Have a great day, <\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">N.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-19032001","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-term"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19032001","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19032001\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=19032001"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}