{"id":19029923,"date":"2026-09-26T10:06:38","date_gmt":"2026-09-26T10:06:38","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/auto-purge-settings\/"},"modified":"2026-09-26T10:06:38","modified_gmt":"2026-09-26T10:06:38","slug":"auto-purge-settings","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/auto-purge-settings\/","title":{"rendered":"Auto Purge Settings"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Please can you help me understand the &#8220;Auto Purge Rules For Publish\/Update&#8221; settings in the Litespeed Cache plugin&#8217;s Cache menu, Purge tab<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><strong>Background info \u2026<\/strong><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I have a not-very-busy WordPress WooCommerce website for my flower shop<br \/>I sometimes add\/change content on my WordPress &#8220;static&#8221; pages such as &#8220;About&#8221; and &#8220;Delivery&#8221;<br \/>I sometimes add\/change products<br \/>Few of the additions\/changes above will change my Front Page or Home page<br \/>I have no blog, nor user-generated content (such as Comments, Reviews) on the website<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">My web hosting is shared hosting and my web server seems to max out on resources quite frequently, so I am trying to minimize the need to purge too many pages at once &amp; have to refresh the site cache too much\/often.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><strong>About the &#8220;Auto Purge Rules For Publish\/Update&#8221; settings \u2026 <\/strong><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Under the settings, text says \u2026 <em>Select which pages will be automatically purged when posts are published\/updated.<\/em><\/p>\n\n\n\n<ul>\n<li><strong>Does the above text apply also to WordPress &#8220;static&#8221; pages &amp; WooCommerce product and product archive pages?<\/strong><\/li>\n\n\n\n<li><strong>When I update one of my WordPress &#8220;static&#8221; pages or WooCommerce product and product archive pages, will the cache of that pages be automatically purged, whatever options I enable in &#8220;Auto Purge Rules For Publish\/Update&#8221; settings?<\/strong><\/li>\n<\/ul>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">In the top row of the settings, the option are \u2026 <em>All Pages, Front page, Home page &amp; Pages<\/em><\/p>\n\n\n\n<ul>\n<li><strong>If I enable\/check just &#8220;Pages&#8221;, will all my my WordPress &#8220;static&#8221; pages or WooCommerce product and product archive pages be purged when I change just one of those pages?<\/strong><\/li>\n\n\n\n<li><strong>do you think I should leave all the options in the top row of the settings disabled\/unchecked?<\/strong><\/li>\n<\/ul>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">In the other rows of the settings, the option are \u2026 <em>various &#8220;archive&#8221; pages<\/em><\/p>\n\n\n\n<ul>\n<li><strong>are they only non-WooCommerce archive pages (i.e. Blog page archives?<\/strong><\/li>\n\n\n\n<li><strong>do you think I should leave all the options in the top row of the settings disabled\/unchecked?<\/strong><\/li>\n<\/ul>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Many thanks in advance<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-19029923","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19029923","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19029923\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=19029923"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}