{"id":19028745,"date":"2026-09-24T20:14:18","date_gmt":"2026-09-24T20:14:18","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/need-help-to-get-object-cache-working\/"},"modified":"2026-09-24T20:14:18","modified_gmt":"2026-09-24T20:14:18","slug":"need-help-to-get-object-cache-working","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/need-help-to-get-object-cache-working\/","title":{"rendered":"Need help to get object cache working"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Hello All. I&#8217;m trying to resolve the health check message: &#8220;you should use a persistent object cache&#8221;.<br \/>I have the following installed and\/or enabled:<br \/>&gt; Redis (in my Doteasy hosting server cPanel settings)<br \/>&gt; LightSpeed Object Cache plugin.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">In lightspeed &gt; (6)Object panel, under Object Cache, I see the message: CONNECTION TEST: FAILED.<br \/>I was using settings: Host: 127.0.0.1 and Port: 50109.<br \/>Following a Google AI thread I started, it recommended I change the settings to:<br \/>Host: \/tmp\/redis.soc  and Port: 0.<br \/>but the test still fails. I tried both refreshing the page, and turning OFF the Cache. I tried turning it off and  reloading, then turning it back on and reloading. But the Connection test status doesn&#8217;t change (it remains at &#8220;Failed&#8221;.<br \/>I clicked the &#8220;Learn More&#8221; button, but that gives me code that I have no clue of how to impliment.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I setup the WordPress site in 2023 and installed LightSpeed a few months later in 2024. So it&#8217;s been installed for a while, and I was getting good health tests. But then I started getting this &#8216;persistent; persistent object cache message that I can&#8217;t seem to resolve.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Questions:<br \/>1) I also see &#8216;memcache&#8217; and &#8216;memcached&#8217; in my Doteasy cPanel. Should I also enable these? In LightSpeed it looks like it&#8217;s an either or option. They have  (Redis or Memcached)<br \/>2) If the new Host\/Port settings I used are incorrect, what should I be using? If I understand it correctly I should be using the 127.0.0.1 settings because it&#8217;s using the same server that&#8217;s hosting my wordpress files. But it doesn&#8217;t work. Doteasy is hosting my site on a Linux server, so the Port 0 should be correct.<br \/>3) So anyone know what else I should ge looking at to get this thing working? <br \/>4) Would a different Object Cache plugin work better (such as Redis?) I&#8217;m not partial to LightSpeed, I just want something that works. <\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Thanks&#8230;JEB<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-19028745","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19028745","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19028745\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=19028745"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}