{"id":19028005,"date":"2026-09-24T07:36:08","date_gmt":"2026-09-24T07:36:08","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/disable-lifetime-commission\/"},"modified":"2026-09-24T07:36:08","modified_gmt":"2026-09-24T07:36:08","slug":"disable-lifetime-commission","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/disable-lifetime-commission\/","title":{"rendered":"Disable &#8220;Lifetime commission&#8221;"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Hi,<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I currently have the Lifetime Commissions feature enabled, and it has been active for several years. I am considering disabling it, but I would like to understand exactly what would happen to the existing customer &lt;-&gt; affiliate relationships.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Specifically:<\/p>\n\n\n\n<ul>\n<li>If I disable Lifetime Commissions, will the existing lifetime relationships between customers and affiliates be automatically removed\/deleted ?<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>If a customer was previously linked to an affiliate through the Lifetime Commissions feature, will that customer no longer be considered linked to that affiliate once the feature is disabled ?<br \/><br \/>In that case, would the affiliate only receive a commission if the customer actively uses the affiliate&#8217;s link or coupon code again when making a new purchase ?<br \/>Or will existing customer &lt;-&gt; affiliate relationships remain active even after Lifetime Commissions is disabled ?<\/li>\n<\/ul>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">In short, I would like to understand the concrete impact on existing lifetime customer\/affiliate relationships before disabling the feature.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Could you please clarify what happens to these existing relationships and how future purchases from those customers will be attributed?<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Regards,<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-19028005","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19028005","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19028005\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=19028005"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}