{"id":19027633,"date":"2026-09-23T17:20:18","date_gmt":"2026-09-23T17:20:18","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/async-css-active-but-pagespeed-still-shows-render-blocking-css\/"},"modified":"2026-09-23T17:20:18","modified_gmt":"2026-09-23T17:20:18","slug":"async-css-active-but-pagespeed-still-shows-render-blocking-css","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/async-css-active-but-pagespeed-still-shows-render-blocking-css\/","title":{"rendered":"Async CSS Active but PageSpeed Still Shows Render-Blocking CSS"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"> <\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><strong>Title:<\/strong> Critical CSS and Async CSS appear active, but PageSpeed still reports render-blocking CSS<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I am using <strong>LiteSpeed Cache 7.9.1<\/strong> on a <strong>Hostinger<\/strong> WordPress\/WooCommerce site built with <strong>Hello Elementor + Elementor Pro<\/strong>.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">My mobile PageSpeed score has been fluctuating significantly, recently around <strong>57\u201358<\/strong>, with <strong>LCP around 11.4 seconds<\/strong>.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">The main issue is that PageSpeed continues to report roughly <strong>3.6 seconds of render-blocking requests<\/strong>, mostly CSS files from Elementor, WooCommerce, Hello Elementor, Font Awesome, and related plugins.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">My current LiteSpeed CSS settings include:<\/p>\n\n\n\n<ul>\n<li>Load CSS Asynchronously: ON<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>CCSS Per URL: ON<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>Inline CSS Async Lib: ON<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>CSS Minify: OFF<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>CSS Combine: OFF<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>Generate UCSS: OFF<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>UCSS Inline: OFF<\/li>\n<\/ul>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I forced the Critical CSS cron and cleared the LiteSpeed cache.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I then checked the actual homepage source code. It appears LiteSpeed is working correctly:<\/p>\n\n\n\n<ul>\n<li>The page contains a <code>&lt;style id=\"litespeed-ccss\"&gt;<\/code> block.<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>CSS files are being changed to async\/preload loading with <code>data-asynced=\"1\"<\/code> and <code>rel=\"preload\"<\/code>.<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>The bottom of the source says:\n<ul>\n<li><code>Page cached by LiteSpeed Cache 7.9.1<\/code><\/li>\n\n\n\n<li><code>QUIC.cloud CCSS loaded<\/code><\/li>\n<\/ul>\n<\/li>\n<\/ul>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">However, Google PageSpeed still identifies those CSS files as render-blocking.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I also temporarily removed the mobile hero image to test whether it was causing the slow LCP. The PageSpeed score and LCP were essentially unchanged, and the first product image simply became the new LCP element.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><strong>My question:<\/strong><br \/>If CCSS is loaded and the stylesheets are being converted to async\/preload, why is Lighthouse still treating these CSS files as render-blocking? Is there a known issue involving LiteSpeed Cache, QUIC.cloud, Elementor, WooCommerce, or Hostinger caching\/CDN that could cause this?<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I would appreciate guidance on what to check next rather than changing additional optimization settings blindly.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-19027633","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19027633","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19027633\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=19027633"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}