{"id":19027339,"date":"2026-09-23T13:05:46","date_gmt":"2026-09-23T13:05:46","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/workaround-needed-to-make-patterns-editable-and-detached\/"},"modified":"2026-09-23T13:05:46","modified_gmt":"2026-09-23T13:05:46","slug":"workaround-needed-to-make-patterns-editable-and-detached","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/workaround-needed-to-make-patterns-editable-and-detached\/","title":{"rendered":"Workaround Needed to Make Patterns Editable and Detached"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I use patterns a lot. The WP 7.0 update to patterns has been driving me nuts. It feels like the site is broken. I just keep having to click &#8220;Edit Pattern&#8221; every time or &#8220;Detach Pattern&#8221; sometimes and then I have to remember which to do or both. Doing this multiple times for every post is time consuming and annoying.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I looked into ways to disable this with code but the code I added didn&#8217;t work.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I&#8217;d like to revert back to how patterns were before the update. Simple. Click the pattern and edit it. The general direction WP was going was to seamlessly edit everything on the page just as you see it by clicking on what you want to edit. Now I see this as a step backwards.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">If there&#8217;s no way to abandon this with a code override, does anyone have any workarounds for this?<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">thank you<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-19027339","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19027339","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19027339\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=19027339"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}