{"id":19026738,"date":"2026-09-22T23:22:44","date_gmt":"2026-09-22T23:22:44","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/manual-css-cant-override-border-radius\/"},"modified":"2026-09-22T23:22:44","modified_gmt":"2026-09-22T23:22:44","slug":"manual-css-cant-override-border-radius","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/manual-css-cant-override-border-radius\/","title":{"rendered":"Manual css can&#8217;t override border radius"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I&#8217;m trying to apply a border radius globally to all images except certain ones.  I&#8217;m NOT using elementor&#8217;s border settings at all because its easier to set this globally using manual css.<br \/><br \/>This radius&#8230;<\/p>\n\n\n\n<pre class=\"wp-block-code\"><code>.entry-content img,<br \/>.entry-content .elementor img,<br \/>footer.site-footer img {<br \/>  border-radius:5px !important;<br \/>}<br \/><br \/>.mylogoclas img,<br \/>.my_no_radius_class img {<br \/>  border-radius:0px !important;<br \/>}<\/code><\/pre>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">is being beat out by<\/p>\n\n\n\n<pre class=\"wp-block-code\"><code>.elementor img {<br \/>    border: none;<br \/>    border-radius: 0;<br \/>    box-shadow: none;<br \/>    height: auto;<br \/>    max-width: 100%<br \/>}<\/code><\/pre>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">In devtools it shows this setting as working by showing it set as 5px.  But the image its self renders with square corners.  In the footer of this same site I have a non-elementor generated footer and same set of css works correctly in it.  I have a 2nd site with exactly this same setup but elementor is a few weeks older and it works.  <br \/><br \/>What have you done to the image rendering that my manual css doesn&#8217;t work?  Its like you have some strange script rendering the image rather than good old fashion working code.  I have atomic turned off like on all installations.<br \/><br \/>I&#8217;ve been doing this for 26 years so please don&#8217;t assume that I&#8217;m just missing something stupid.  THIS SHOULD JUST WORK AND NOT TAKE ME HOURS TO TROUBLE SHOOT!!!!  It shouldn&#8217;t take me an hour to write a css rule to add a radius globally&#8230;..I&#8217;VE DONE THIS DOZENS OF TIMES!!!!!<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-19026738","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19026738","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19026738\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=19026738"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}