{"id":19026469,"date":"2026-09-22T16:13:58","date_gmt":"2026-09-22T16:13:58","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/repeated-migration-failures\/"},"modified":"2026-09-22T16:13:58","modified_gmt":"2026-09-22T16:13:58","slug":"repeated-migration-failures","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/repeated-migration-failures\/","title":{"rendered":"Repeated migration failures"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">This is a continuation of <a href=\"https:\/\/teamupdraft.com\/forums\/ticket\/repeated-migration-failures\/#post-7545677\">https:\/\/teamupdraft.com\/forums\/ticket\/repeated-migration-failures\/#post-7545677<\/a> which was closed out prematurely.<br \/><br \/>Essentially, I was using the SendTo  feature to migrate sites.  The backup to the new sites reported success.  Repeatedly, the restoration on the new site failed due to a defective archive.<br \/><br \/>Updraft support says: <\/p>\n\n\n\n<blockquote class=\"wp-block-quote is-layout-flow wp-block-quote-is-layout-flow\">\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Just to clarify, the backup archive is checked for completeness\/integrity when the restoration process attempts to unpack and restore it. This is why the transfer itself may complete, but an issue with an archive may only become apparent when the restoration begins.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">An incomplete or corrupted archive can occur for several reasons, including interruptions during backup creation or transfer, server resource limitations, storage\/filesystem issues, or network-related interruptions.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I understand your concern that the transfer was reported as successful despite the issue only being detected during restoration. I\u2019ll pass your feedback to our development team, particularly regarding whether additional integrity checking could be performed during the \u201cSend To\u2026\u201d process itself.<\/p>\n<\/blockquote>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I fully understand that archives can be corrupted; that\u2019s why it\u2019s important to verify them. I can\u2019t understand why hashes aren\u2019t computed and compared. This seems like downright malfeasance if not incompetence.<br \/><br \/>If this happens on site migration, why would it be any different with backups to Updraft Vault, S3, etc.?<br \/><br \/>At this time, I don&#8217;t have confidence in Updraft.  I&#8217;m afraid that it&#8217;s back to cron jobs to backup the database and rsync everything to a remote server.<br \/><br \/>Also as an aside, I find it unseemly to close out a thread without truly resolving it.  Sounds like a cover-up.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-19026469","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19026469","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19026469\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=19026469"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}