{"id":19025245,"date":"2026-09-21T11:11:00","date_gmt":"2026-09-21T11:11:00","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/setting-up-wordpress-plugin-with-v3\/"},"modified":"2026-09-21T11:11:00","modified_gmt":"2026-09-21T11:11:00","slug":"setting-up-wordpress-plugin-with-v3","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/setting-up-wordpress-plugin-with-v3\/","title":{"rendered":"Setting Up WordPress Plugin with V3"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Hi everyone,<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I am running into an issue getting the Advanced Google reCAPTCHA plugin working on a WordPress blog installation, and I could use some help troubleshooting.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><strong>My Setup:<\/strong><\/p>\n\n\n\n<ul>\n<li><strong>Main site:<\/strong> <code>bizeemtraffic.com<\/code> (running reCAPTCHA successfully)<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li><strong>Blog installation:<\/strong> <code>bizeemtraffic.com\/blog<\/code> (WordPress subfolder setup)<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li><strong>Plugin:<\/strong> Advanced Google reCAPTCHA<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li><strong>Active caching\/optimization plugins:<\/strong> LiteSpeed Cache, Asset CleanUp<\/li>\n<\/ul>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><strong>The Problem:<\/strong> Whenever I attempt to verify the captcha or load the form, I get this exact error message:<\/p>\n\n\n\n<blockquote class=\"wp-block-quote is-layout-flow wp-block-quote-is-layout-flow\">\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><em>\u201cAn error occurred loading the captcha, please check your Captcha Site Key\u201d<\/em><\/p>\n<\/blockquote>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><strong>What I have tried so far:<\/strong><\/p>\n\n\n\n<ol start=\"1\">\n<li>Created a brand-new, dedicated key pair specifically for this setup in the Google reCAPTCHA admin console.<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>Verified that the Site Key and Secret Key are pasted correctly without any extra spaces and are not swapped.<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>Ensured the version setting in the plugin matches the key type generated in Google.<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>Temporarily disabled LiteSpeed Cache and tested in an incognito window to rule out script deferral or browser extension blockers.<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>Checked that my WordPress URL settings use proper <code>https:\/\/<\/code> formatting.<\/li>\n<\/ol>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Despite all of this, it is still throwing the loading error. Is there a specific quirk with running reCAPTCHA on a WordPress subfolder (<code>\/blog<\/code>), or is there a conflict with script loading that I am missing?<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-19025245","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19025245","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19025245\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=19025245"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}