{"id":19025164,"date":"2026-09-21T10:11:01","date_gmt":"2026-09-21T10:11:01","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/youtube-as-necessary\/"},"modified":"2026-09-21T10:11:01","modified_gmt":"2026-09-21T10:11:01","slug":"youtube-as-necessary","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/youtube-as-necessary\/","title":{"rendered":"YouTube as &#8220;necessary&#8221;"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Hi Fabio!<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I&#8217;m using FAZ Cookie Manager 1.31.0 on WordPress with Elementor, and I think I found a small inconsistency.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I have a YouTube video in an Elementor &#8220;Video&#8221; widget. I marked YouTube as &#8220;necessary&#8221; in the plugin&#8217;s cookie\/service settings, but the video keeps showing the &#8220;content blocked&#8221; placeholder anyway.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Digging a bit into the code, it looks like Elementor Video widgets get their category from the bundled <code>includes\/data\/known-providers.json<\/code> file (via <code>Known_Providers::get_all()<\/code>), where YouTube is hardcoded as &#8220;marketing&#8221; &#8211; separate from the rules you configure in the admin settings, which seem to only apply to the generic iframe\/script blocker. So changing YouTube&#8217;s category in the settings doesn&#8217;t affect Elementor&#8217;s native Video widget at all.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Would it be possible to have the Elementor Video widget integration respect the category set in the admin settings too (or add a filter to override it)? Happy to share more details\/a code snippet if it helps.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Thanks a lot for the great plugin, and for looking into this!<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-19025164","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-youtube"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19025164","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19025164\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=19025164"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}