{"id":19024819,"date":"2026-09-20T21:50:20","date_gmt":"2026-09-20T21:50:20","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/plugin-not-found-issue\/"},"modified":"2026-09-20T22:03:40","modified_gmt":"2026-09-20T22:03:40","slug":"plugin-not-found-issue","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/plugin-not-found-issue\/","title":{"rendered":"Plugin not found issue"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Hello,<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">For a few weeks now, I&#8217;ve got issues with some of the plugins installed on my WordPress reported as &#8220;Plugin not found on wordpress.org&#8221; eventhough there are still present.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">After inverstigating a little bit, I found the issue and I have to fix proposal. What happens is that those plugins are very poorly referenced in the plugin directory. For instance, the plugin category-sticky-post doesn&#8217;t appear in the first 10 results and hence is reported as not found. But if you query with quotes &#8216;category-sticky-post&#8217;, it&#8217;s in the list (even first answer).<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">So I tried in the file assets\/js\/opn-scripts.js line 23 to replace:<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><code>\"request[search]\": opnSlugs[j],<\/code><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">with:<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><code>\"request[search]\": \"'\" + opnSlugs[j] + \"'\",<\/code><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">It fixes the issue. With this code, almost all my plugins are found. I still have issue for column-shortcodes. For this one, changing request[per_page] from 10 to 20 fixes this issue.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">It seems that using the slug is not a garantied ranking factor in the WordPress plugin directory as it used to be when it comes to plugins with very few users and few updates.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-19024819","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19024819","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19024819\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":19024822,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19024819\/revisions\/19024822"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=19024819"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}