{"id":19024330,"date":"2026-09-19T23:15:06","date_gmt":"2026-09-19T23:15:06","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/ongoing-issue-with-503-error-code-message\/"},"modified":"2026-09-19T23:15:06","modified_gmt":"2026-09-19T23:15:06","slug":"ongoing-issue-with-503-error-code-message","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/ongoing-issue-with-503-error-code-message\/","title":{"rendered":"Ongoing issue with 503 error code message"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I became aware of having an issue with the 503 Service Unavailable error message beginning August 29, or possibly September 5, I generally check my website on Saturdays to make sure everything is working correctly. Once discovering the issue I have been going back and forth with my hosting company, Network Solutions. Finally this past week after several weeks with no access to my website, they escalated my case. I received the following response from them the next day &#8220;I have renamed the subfolder <strong>\/wp-content\/wflogs<\/strong> as <strong>\/wp-content\/wflogs_old<\/strong> and resolved this issue. A heads up, the Wordfence Security plugin creates various logs and data files in the \/wflogs directory. Currently, the new \/wflogs directory has been auto-created where the logs of the Wordfence Security plugin will be saved&#8221;<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I went and checked my website and I finally had access to it again. Then today, being Saturday, I went to sign into my website and had the 503 error code again. So I contacted my hosting company again today. The agent helping me looked at the website and reported that WordFence was causing the problem and so he deactivated it and told me I should not activate it again that it was not compatible with my webpage. Once he deactivated it I was able to view my website again and sign into it.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Not wanting to run the website without website security I went in to see what other plug-ins were available and of course yours was the first one to come up. I noticed at the bottom of the window that WP indicated that WF was compatible with the version of WP I was running. <\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I was confused and concerned about how to pick another security plug-in not wanting to end up having the same issue with one of them, since they all indicated the same compatibility. So I went back to chat with my hosting company. Their response was that I would need to ask you about the compatibility. I have used WF for years. I have not changed anything on the website in years, just made sure that updates were going through as they should and no other issues were coming up.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Looking at the post from someone else having this issue and your response, I will mention that I have minimal plug-ins and no other security plug-in other than yours. And everything is up-to-date.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I am running WP 7.1.1<br \/>When I was finally able to sign in this morning I had a notification that my PHP was 7.4.something and that it was about to stop being supported. I am certain I had it at a more current level, because PHP is something that I watch, after an experience I had with a different hosting company. So I&#8217;m not sure if something happened while the website was inaccessible or not, but I did update that today to 8.3.<br \/>My theme is GraphenePlus and I have a back-up theme, Twenty Twenty-Five. <\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Is there any other information I need to provide? I am not a website professional, I just set up and now maintain my husband&#8217;s website. So any help\/advise you can give me would be greatly appreciated.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Thank you.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-19024330","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-503-error"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19024330","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19024330\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=19024330"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}