{"id":19024105,"date":"2026-09-19T12:52:39","date_gmt":"2026-09-19T12:52:39","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/custom-html-block-is-broken\/"},"modified":"2026-09-19T14:04:06","modified_gmt":"2026-09-19T14:04:06","slug":"custom-html-block-is-broken","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/custom-html-block-is-broken\/","title":{"rendered":"Custom HTML block is broken"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">After the last WordPress-update (7.1) the Custom HTML block has big issues. When trying to edit the HTML in the block the code becomes uneditable, that is when I click on the block in the WordPress editing space the code is not editable on the right side. One concrete example is when I but a YouTube code in the HTML code this code is not editable afterwords. Clicking on it does not make the code appear on the right side. This is a major problem for those who like to use the Custom HTML block in WordPress. The only way to fix this is to use the Code editor instead of the Visual editor. The Custom HTML block should be fixed. <\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">This topic could also belong to Fixing WordPress because I mean this is a bug. I also think this might be a support question because I am asking you to fix a fault in WordPress. Thank you.  <\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-19024105","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-block","topic-tag-code","topic-tag-editing","topic-tag-html"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19024105","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19024105\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":19024136,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19024105\/revisions\/19024136"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=19024105"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}