{"id":19023465,"date":"2026-09-18T13:17:41","date_gmt":"2026-09-18T13:17:41","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/cannot-check-save-or-delete-cron-events\/"},"modified":"2026-09-18T13:17:41","modified_gmt":"2026-09-18T13:17:41","slug":"cannot-check-save-or-delete-cron-events","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/cannot-check-save-or-delete-cron-events\/","title":{"rendered":"Cannot check, save or delete Cron Events"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">In the past, whenever making staging copies of https:\/\/diespitze-coaching.de for development and then returning them to the live environment, I went and checked existing cron jobs and they were marked &#8220;Needs checking&#8221;:<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">https:\/\/www.pasteboard.co\/BlMVqQxBS6rc.png<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">As you can see at the bottom of the screenshot, I made a new cron event today because when I click &#8220;Check and edit&#8221; on any of the top 5 and then click the &#8220;Update event&#8221; button, they&#8217;re still labeled as &#8220;Needs checking&#8221; on the overview screen just like you see on the screenshot. When I delete them, the screen refreshes and they&#8217;re still there.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I seem to recall that this was the same the last 5 times, which is why there are now 6 identical cron events. I thought I had reported this issue before, but couldn&#8217;t find it. So here goes nothing, I&#8217;m reporting it again.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Any way to at least get rid of these old cron events?<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-19023465","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19023465","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19023465\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=19023465"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}