{"id":19022299,"date":"2026-09-17T09:18:23","date_gmt":"2026-09-17T09:18:23","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/spam-298\/"},"modified":"2026-09-17T09:18:23","modified_gmt":"2026-09-17T09:18:23","slug":"spam-298","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/spam-298\/","title":{"rendered":"Spam"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Hello,<br \/><br \/>I am having a problem with spam submissions through Contact Form 7 on a client&#8217;s website.<br \/><br \/>Website: https:\/\/www.hulsebosch.nl\/<br \/><br \/>We are receiving automated spam submissions through the Contact Form 7 form &#8220;Neem contact met me op&#8221;.<br \/><br \/>I have already taken the following measures:<br \/><br \/>&#8211; Google reCAPTCHA v3 is active and connected through Contact Form 7 \u2192 Integration.<br \/>&#8211; Honeypot is enabled through the CF7 Apps Honeypot App.<br \/>&#8211; The Honeypot field is actually included in the contact form:<br \/>  [honeypot honeypot-588]<br \/>&#8211; The contact form is working correctly for legitimate visitors.<br \/><br \/>However, spam submissions are still getting through.<br \/><br \/><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">In Flamingo, this submission is shown as:<\/p>\n\n\n\n<ul>\n<li>Status: &#8220;Not spam&#8221;<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>Submission result: mail_sent<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>It was submitted through the &#8220;Neem contact met me op&#8221; form.<\/li>\n<\/ul>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I expected reCAPTCHA v3 and the Honeypot to detect this type of automated submission, but apparently they do not.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Could you please advise:<\/p>\n\n\n\n<ol>\n<li>Why might reCAPTCHA v3 be allowing these submissions through?<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>Is there a way to see the reCAPTCHA v3 score for an individual submission in Flamingo?<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>Is there a recommended way to increase the reCAPTCHA spam protection without blocking legitimate visitors?<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>Are there any additional Contact Form 7 settings you recommend for this situation?<\/li>\n<\/ol>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I would appreciate any advice on how to diagnose this properly before changing the reCAPTCHA threshold or adding additional plugins.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Thank you!<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-19022299","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19022299","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19022299\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=19022299"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}