{"id":19016264,"date":"2026-09-10T07:08:52","date_gmt":"2026-09-10T07:08:52","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/503-error-service-unavailable-4\/"},"modified":"2026-09-10T07:08:52","modified_gmt":"2026-09-10T07:08:52","slug":"503-error-service-unavailable-4","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/503-error-service-unavailable-4\/","title":{"rendered":"503 Error. Service Unavailable"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I receive this error message when attempting to login, with the correct credentials, to WordPress admin on the website babyers.com<br \/>&#8220;Sorry, that didn\u2019t work.<br \/>Please try again or come back later.<br \/>503 Error. Service Unavailable.&#8221;.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">The website is hosted on Hostgator. I have used ChatGPT to resolve this issue without success. This where I got to with this summary below from my last interaction with ChatGPT. I was then diverted to other issues (unrelated to this) and have just come to look into this again<br \/><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">\u2705 babyers.com public site works<br \/>\u2705 WordPress admin works when Wordfence is disabled<br \/>\u2705 The 503 is caused by Wordfence activation<br \/>\u2705 Fresh Wordfence installation gives the same result<br \/>\u2705 PHP 8.3 is OK<br \/>\u2705 .user.ini is normal<br \/>\u2705 wordfence-waf.php is normal<br \/>\u2705 wflogs\/config.php and config-livewaf.php exist and look valid<br \/>\u2705 bootstrap.php exists<br \/>\u2705 No new PHP errors are being logged<br \/>\u2705 The problem affects only admin\/login, not the public site<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Is this a known problem? Is there a solution I have not tried?<br \/>Thanks Ken<br \/><\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-19016264","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19016264","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19016264\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=19016264"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}