{"id":19014016,"date":"2026-09-08T04:33:53","date_gmt":"2026-09-08T04:33:53","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/impossible-to-complete-google-drive-authentication-for-updraft\/"},"modified":"2026-09-08T06:24:01","modified_gmt":"2026-09-08T06:24:01","slug":"impossible-to-complete-google-drive-authentication-for-updraft","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/impossible-to-complete-google-drive-authentication-for-updraft\/","title":{"rendered":"Impossible to complete Google Drive authentication for Updraft"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">So I&#8217;m trying to change the Google Drive destination for my backups. I&#8217;ve set up the ID and secret key, no problem. <br \/><br \/>I am told to &#8220;Follow this link to authorize access to your Google Drive account (you will not be able to backup to Google Drive without it)&#8221; so I click the button and run through a series of Google permission screens, ending in a 403: &#8220;Access to\u00a0www.mysite.com\u00a0was denied &#8211; You don&#8217;t have authorization to view this page.&#8221; <br \/><br \/>When I reload the dashboard, I see a note from Updraft: &#8220;<strong>Google Drive authentication:<\/strong> If you are having problems authenticating with Google Drive you can manually authorize here. To complete manual authentication, at the orange UpdraftPlus authentication screen select the &#8220;Having problems authenticating?&#8221; link, then copy and paste the code given here.&#8221;<br \/><br \/>I&#8217;m stuck. I don&#8217;t have a code, nor have I seen anything resembling an ORANGE UPDRAFT SCREEN. I&#8217;m also struck by the obstinate vagueness of &#8220;orange UpdraftPlus authentication screen.&#8221; What does this even mean? Is this a Google page that got redesigned? If this is an UpdraftPlus page on the Updraft website or a page generated on my own site, why why WHYYYY by all that&#8217;s holy would there be no hotlinks to this elusive page anywhere in the Updraft backend?<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-19014016","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19014016","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19014016\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":19014020,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19014016\/revisions\/19014020"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=19014016"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}