{"id":19013314,"date":"2026-09-07T09:24:29","date_gmt":"2026-09-07T09:24:29","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/2fa-does-not-stay-activated\/"},"modified":"2026-09-07T09:43:17","modified_gmt":"2026-09-07T09:43:17","slug":"2fa-does-not-stay-activated","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/2fa-does-not-stay-activated\/","title":{"rendered":"2FA does not stay activated"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">As administrator for a website, i keep getting locked out of my site. The login screen states that an authentication method is required but there is an error. When I deactivate WordFence via FTP I can log in. When I reactivate WordFence, and navigate to the login security page\/tab, it shows that 2FA is not active but that the setting has made it required. I activate it again as usual, but the moment I navigate to another page and then navigate back, it shows as being inactive. If I log out and try to log in again, I get the same error as before.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">When I look in the WordFence settings for login security, it shows this account as being active, yet on the user profile page it is shown as being inactive.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I have a number of websites, and only this one is causing problems. It worked fine before, the plugins have not changed (only been updated). <\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-19013314","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-2fa"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19013314","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19013314\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":19013323,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19013314\/revisions\/19013323"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=19013314"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}