{"id":19006441,"date":"2026-08-29T20:13:59","date_gmt":"2026-08-29T20:13:59","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/offering-a-discount\/"},"modified":"2026-08-29T20:13:59","modified_gmt":"2026-08-29T20:13:59","slug":"offering-a-discount","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/offering-a-discount\/","title":{"rendered":"Offering a Discount"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">When offering a discount downsell to save the order, do you do a data dip into the customer record BEFORE you offer a discount so we know if there is already an existing discount in the customer record? This is very important to know because we cannot randomly offer discounts without understanding <strong><em>first <\/em><\/strong>how much of a discount they may already have. To illustrate, suppose the customer initially purchased with a 10% coupon code. Now they&#8217;re cancelling. I need to know the current discount so I can offer them the &#8220;right&#8221; discount, say, another 10% discount for a total of 20% total discount for this case. This will protect me from over discount when downselling. Moreover, using the same scenario above, suppose the customer accepts the additional 10% offer for a total of 20% off. Three months later he comes back to cancel again. Same problem, e.g., what is the current total discount the customer is enjoying so I can either offer another discount, or, none at all, depending on this particular customer&#8217;s total discount. So, I may <strong><em>NOT <\/em><\/strong>want the customer to even see another discount offer at all in some cases depending on his total discount at the time of cancellation. I may want to only offer a Skip payment screen for &#8220;n&#8221; months, effectively a temporary pause until &#8220;n&#8221; months is up.\u00a0<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">How are you handling these scenarios?<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I&#8217;m looking forward to your response.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-19006441","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-discounts"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19006441","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/19006441\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=19006441"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}