{"id":18990348,"date":"2026-08-11T10:58:32","date_gmt":"2026-08-11T10:58:32","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/parent-search\/"},"modified":"2026-08-11T10:58:32","modified_gmt":"2026-08-11T10:58:32","slug":"parent-search","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/parent-search\/","title":{"rendered":"Parent Search"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Hi, I stumbled across this plugin as an alternative to creating my own from scratch, so I thought I would give it a go to see if it would do the things I require for a breed club site I am creating.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I have created two male dogs Test Dog 1 born 2024 and Test Dog 2 born 2020<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I am editing Test Dog 1, and have gone to where you select the father, in order to make Test Dog 2 the father of Test Dog 1, the dropdown says none, and then underneath is an ajax search box, so I type Test dog 2 and it appears, but when I click to select it, it disappears and just leaves the none and the search i typed.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Am I missing something obvious or is this a bug?<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Hoping this can be sorted asap, so I dont have to create a plugin from scratch<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">If everything else turns out ok I will definitely be going for the Pro version<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">thanks<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Richard Bailey<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Cultro<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">cultro.co.uk<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-18990348","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18990348","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18990348\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=18990348"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}