{"id":18982886,"date":"2026-08-03T18:28:07","date_gmt":"2026-08-03T18:28:07","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/clean-validated-phone-numbers-at-checkout-exactly-what-my-store-needed\/"},"modified":"2026-08-03T18:28:07","modified_gmt":"2026-08-03T18:28:07","slug":"clean-validated-phone-numbers-at-checkout-exactly-what-my-store-needed","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/clean-validated-phone-numbers-at-checkout-exactly-what-my-store-needed\/","title":{"rendered":"Clean, validated phone numbers at checkout \u2014 exactly what my store needed"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Phone Validator with Flags for WooCommerce has quickly become essential on my site. It adds a country flag and dial code dropdown directly to the billing phone field, so customers can\u2019t forget the country code or enter obvious nonsense. The real\u2011time validation blocks invalid numbers before the order goes through, and the integration with WooCommerce\u2019s selling locations means only the countries I allow actually appear.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I\u2019ve been using it for a short time and I can already see the difference: my customer and order records now have properly formatted, internationally valid phone numbers instead of random strings. Setup is simple, the settings page lets you configure defaults and preferred countries, and it works smoothly with both Classic and Block Checkout. If you run a WooCommerce store and care about data quality (and being able to actually contact your customers), this plugin is a no\u2011brainer.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-18982886","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18982886","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18982886\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=18982886"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}