{"id":18974674,"date":"2026-07-25T08:58:54","date_gmt":"2026-07-25T08:58:54","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/2fa-causing-incorrect-password\/"},"modified":"2026-07-25T08:58:54","modified_gmt":"2026-07-25T08:58:54","slug":"2fa-causing-incorrect-password","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/2fa-causing-incorrect-password\/","title":{"rendered":"2FA causing incorrect password"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I just set up 2FA on our siteand immediately have an issue that required me to use one of the recovery keys. <br \/><br \/>1) 2FA enabled<br \/>2) Attempted to log in &#8211; sent to 2FA screen<br \/>3) 2FA email code received<br \/>4) 2FA code accepted<br \/>5) BUT, then shown incorrect password. My password is autosaved so it&#8217;s the exact same one I have been using. <br \/>6) After multiple attemps I had to use a recovery key (thankfully they worked for me as other users have reported them not working). <br \/>7) The previous password that was &#8216;incorrect&#8217; and is now correct and accepted, so I&#8217;ve been able to login. <br \/>8) 2FA is already unticked after going straight to the settings, but shows that it will activate again in 1 hour. BUT, there doesn&#8217;t seem to be a way to turn it off at this stage&#8230; so it looks like it will auto reactive and then I&#8217;ve got the same issue again. Is deleting the plug-in the only solution here?<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-18974674","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18974674","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18974674\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=18974674"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}