{"id":18973134,"date":"2026-07-23T13:57:03","date_gmt":"2026-07-23T13:57:03","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/white-screen-and-errors-after-7-0-2-install\/"},"modified":"2026-07-23T14:14:40","modified_gmt":"2026-07-23T14:14:40","slug":"white-screen-and-errors-after-7-0-2-install","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/white-screen-and-errors-after-7-0-2-install\/","title":{"rendered":"White Screen and errors after 7.0.2 install"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I&#8217;m using example.com for the URLs here because there still is no content added to the WP install because I cannot get past the errors. I had downloaded a copy of WP 7.0.1 to install but the installer grabbed the more recent 7.0.2 which might want a newer version.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I visited the install URI: <code>https:\/\/example.com\/wp\/wordpress\/<\/code><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">ERROR messages shown on white screen:<\/p>\n\n\n\n<pre class=\"wp-block-code\"><code>Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in \/home\/account\/public_html\/wp\/wordpress\/wp-includes\/class-wp-theme-json.php on line 1213:<br \/>\" $new_selectors&#091;] = $to_prepend . $sel; }\"<br \/><br \/><code>Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in \/home\/account\/public_html\/wp\/wordpress\/wp-includes\/class-wp-fatal-error-handler.php on line 76:&lt;br&gt;&quot; $error = error_get_last();&quot;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;I visited: https:\/\/example.com\/wp\/wordpress\/wp-admin\/&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;ERROR messages shown on white screen:&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8192 bytes) in \/home\/account\/public_html\/wp\/wordpress\/wp-admin\/includes\/template.php on line 2627:&lt;br&gt;&quot; unset( $other_attributes&amp;#091;&#039;id&#039;] );&quot;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Learn more about troubleshooting WordPress.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 12288 bytes) in \/home\/account\/public_html\/wp\/wordpress\/wp-includes\/functions.php on line 655:&lt;br&gt;&quot; return @unserialize( trim( $data ) ); }&quot;<\/code><\/code><\/pre>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">My best guess is that the PHP 8.1 is not up to the task but it is the most recent version available to me. I set wp-config.php temporarily to:<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><code>\/\/ Enable Debug logging to the \/wp-content\/debug.log file<br \/>define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );<\/code><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">(only for the time it took to visit those two URIs.) <\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-18973134","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-wp-memory-limit"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18973134","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18973134\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=18973134"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}