{"id":18945148,"date":"2026-06-22T14:18:30","date_gmt":"2026-06-22T14:18:30","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/aql-documentation-tutorials\/"},"modified":"2026-06-22T14:18:30","modified_gmt":"2026-06-22T14:18:30","slug":"aql-documentation-tutorials","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/aql-documentation-tutorials\/","title":{"rendered":"AQL documentation\/tutorials"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I am creating a new website for my local film society which focuses on two custom post types:<\/p>\n\n\n\n<ul>\n<li>Seasons: The &#8220;parent&#8221; post type and<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>Films: The &#8220;child&#8221; post type (so each season consists of a header followed by a list of films being screened sorted by the date that they are being shown NOT by the date that the post is published.<\/li>\n<\/ul>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I have managed, using AQL, to get the archive template for films to show them in screening date order but I need to do much more including:<\/p>\n\n\n\n<ul>\n<li>Filtering the film archive by season<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>Getting the single template for season to show the films in that season (in screening date order)<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li>Getting the homepage to show the next film to be screened with a sidebar showing the remaining films that are due to be shown in this season<\/li>\n<\/ul>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">The description for AQL suggests that it can do all of these things but I cannot find any documentation (or video tutorials) showing how to do it.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Help!!!!!<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Thanks in advance, Simon<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-18945148","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18945148","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18945148\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=18945148"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}