{"id":18753649,"date":"2025-12-12T12:46:50","date_gmt":"2025-12-12T12:46:50","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/dropavif-really-made-a-difference-on-my-website-5-5-%e2%ad%90\/"},"modified":"2025-12-12T12:46:50","modified_gmt":"2025-12-12T12:46:50","slug":"dropavif-really-made-a-difference-on-my-website-5-5-%e2%ad%90","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/dropavif-really-made-a-difference-on-my-website-5-5-%e2%ad%90\/","title":{"rendered":"DropAvif really made a difference on my website &#8211; 5\/5 \u2b50"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I\u2019ve tried a lot of image optimization plugins over the years, and most of them either slow the site down, limit you with monthly quotas, or push you into some overpriced cloud subscription. DropAvif was the first one that actually felt refreshing to use.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">After installing it, everything just worked. No tokens, no daily caps, no awkward \u201cupgrade to continue\u201d messages. DropAvif runs entirely locally for webp, and what I love the most is that the local optimization is completely free \u2014 no hidden limits like in other plugins that claim to be free but cap you after a few hundred images. Here, you get true unlimited processing without paying a cent.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">And to be clear: I\u2019m not talking about a tiny blog. I tested DropAvif on a site with over 500,000 images, and it handled everything smoothly and consistently. No crashes, no throttling, no random errors. Just stable processing, even under heavy load. That alone puts it far ahead of most plugins I\u2019ve tried.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">The quality was another big surprise. The AVIF files generated by DropAvif look noticeably better than what I got from plugins focused on JPEG or basic WebP. The colors stay accurate, the images stay sharp, and the file sizes drop significantly. My PageSpeed numbers went up almost instantly \u2014 especially LCP, which I\u2019d been trying to improve for ages. It also handles volume extremely well. I run a content-heavy site with lots of daily uploads, and where other plugins would either throttle me or lock features behind a paywall, DropAvif just keeps going in the background without slowing anything down.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Overall, it\u2019s one of those rare plugins that you install and immediately working. Simple, reliable, and genuinely useful. Solid 5\/5.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-18753649","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18753649","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18753649\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=18753649"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}