{"id":18706446,"date":"2025-11-04T12:29:50","date_gmt":"2025-11-04T12:29:50","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/misleading-free-trial-and-appalling-customer-support\/"},"modified":"2025-11-04T12:29:50","modified_gmt":"2025-11-04T12:29:50","slug":"misleading-free-trial-and-appalling-customer-support","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/misleading-free-trial-and-appalling-customer-support\/","title":{"rendered":"Misleading \u201cFree Trial\u201d and Appalling Customer Support"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I purchased a MotoPress plugin that was advertised as including a free trial, with the checkout page literally stating \u201cPay and start trial.\u201d Naturally, I assumed this meant I could try the plugin risk-free and request a refund if it wasn\u2019t suitable.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">My assumption was completely reasonable \u2014 the \u201cfree trial\u201d wording also appears on other pages within the same Hotel Booking plugin environment, which the plugin I purchased depends on. So when the checkout reinforced that message, I believed the same trial conditions applied across their connected products.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I realised within 24 hours that the plugin wouldn\u2019t suit my needs and requested a refund right away. Instead of a professional or understanding response, I received dismissive, gaslighting replies from support. The representative twisted parts of my message, falsely claimed I hadn\u2019t provided a reason for the refund (I clearly had), and replied in a defensive, accusatory tone rather than offering any genuine help.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">It\u2019s misleading to advertise a free trial when there is no trial at all, and it\u2019s unethical to treat customers this way when the misunderstanding stems from their own marketing. Their support seems designed to wear you down rather than provide genuine assistance.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Warning to others: Be absolutely certain this plugin fits your exact needs before purchasing. Once they have your money, you\u2019re unlikely to get any meaningful help or refund \u2014 even if their own checkout and related product pages give the impression of a free trial.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-18706446","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18706446","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18706446\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=18706446"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}