{"id":18634986,"date":"2025-09-09T20:59:49","date_gmt":"2025-09-09T20:59:49","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/under-attack-help\/"},"modified":"2025-09-09T21:13:00","modified_gmt":"2025-09-09T21:13:00","slug":"under-attack-help","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/under-attack-help\/","title":{"rendered":"Under Attack Help"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"> Is Wordfence supposed to help against brute force attacks? If so, how can I send it to stop brute force bot attacks?<br \/><br \/>When I got Wordfence number of years ago, I thought it was supposed to prevent against these attacks. But more than once now, my web host has had to shut down my site due to brute force attacks. They recommended I get Cloudflare. I went ahead and got Cloudflare in addition to Wordfence. I&#8217;ve come under attack again, and my web host said I need to go into my Cloudflare, and put my sight in under attack mode. This is annoying because it forces people visiting my site to verify they are human before getting to my website. Obviously, this turns people away. In addition to doing that, when I post a link on social media, the social media site no longer post a featured image or the headlines on the page.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">How can I use Wordfence to prevent brute force attacks by bots or anything else?<br \/><br \/>Thank you,<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Pat M.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-18634986","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-bots","topic-tag-brute-force-attacks","topic-tag-under-attack"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18634986","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18634986\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":18635000,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18634986\/revisions\/18635000"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=18634986"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}