{"id":18626213,"date":"2025-09-03T13:58:28","date_gmt":"2025-09-03T13:58:28","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/inconsistent-pagespeed-score\/"},"modified":"2025-09-03T13:59:38","modified_gmt":"2025-09-03T13:59:38","slug":"inconsistent-pagespeed-score","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/inconsistent-pagespeed-score\/","title":{"rendered":"Inconsistent PageSpeed Score"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Hello Lightspeed Support Team,<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I am writing to request assistance with a persistent and significant performance issue on my website. After a full cache purge, my site initially scores very well on Google PageSpeed Insights, but subsequent tests show a dramatic drop in performance.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><strong>1. The Core Problem<\/strong><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">My website experiences a performance score degradation over time.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<ul>\n<li><strong>After Clearing Cache:<\/strong> The site achieves a mobile PageSpeed score of 90+.\n<ul>\n<li><em>Example Good Report:<\/em> <code>https:\/\/pagespeed.web.dev\/analysis\/https-www-mecooks-com\/qyi31rmc8w?form_factor=mobile<\/code><\/li>\n<\/ul>\n<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li><strong>A Short Time Later:<\/strong> Without any changes to the site, subsequent tests show the mobile score dropping to anywhere between 30 and 60. The Core Web Vitals, particularly LCP and TBT, worsen significantly.\n<ul>\n<li><em>Example Poor Report:<\/em> <code>https:\/\/pagespeed.web.dev\/analysis\/https-www-mecooks-com\/uimzqbjtaw?form_factor=mobile<\/code><\/li>\n<\/ul>\n<\/li>\n<\/ul>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">This pattern is repeatable and suggests an issue with how the cache is being generated, served, or maintained after the initial &#8220;warm-up.&#8221;<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><strong>2. My Environment &amp; Configuration<\/strong><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">To provide as much context as possible, here is a detailed breakdown of my setup:<\/p>\n\n\n\n<ul>\n<li><strong>Lightspeed Report Number:<\/strong> <code>JNKDNICM<\/code><\/li>\n<\/ul>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><strong>Caching &amp; Optimization Setup:<\/strong><\/p>\n\n\n\n<ol start=\"1\">\n<li><strong>Lightspeed Cache Plugin:<\/strong>\n<ul>\n<li><strong>Preset:<\/strong> Currently using the <strong>Aggressive<\/strong> preset.<\/li>\n<\/ul>\n<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li><strong>Server-Level Caching:<\/strong>\n<ul>\n<li>My hosting provider has an automatic server-side cache enabled. I have limited control over its settings.<\/li>\n<\/ul>\n<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li><strong>CDN Caching:<\/strong>\n<ul>\n<li>The CDN is active and handling traffic. I clear its cache when I run my tests.<\/li>\n<\/ul>\n<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li><strong>Other Optimization Plugins:<\/strong>\n<ul>\n<li><strong>Asset Cleanup Pro:<\/strong> Used to dequeue unused CSS\/JS on a per-page basis. I have configured it carefully to avoid removing necessary assets.<\/li>\n<\/ul>\n<\/li>\n<\/ol>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><strong>3. Troubleshooting Steps Already Taken<\/strong><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I have already attempted the following to diagnose the issue:<\/p>\n\n\n\n<ul>\n<li><strong>Flushed All Caches:<\/strong> I have consistently flushed the LS Cache, server cache, and CDN cache to replicate the issue.<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li><strong>Contacted Hosting:<\/strong> I reached out to my hosting provider, but they were unable to identify a server-side issue and suggested the problem lies with the plugin configuration.<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li><strong>Ran Multiple Tests:<\/strong> I have run tests from different locations and times to confirm the performance drop is not a one-off anomaly.<\/li>\n<\/ul>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><strong>4. Specific Questions for the Team<\/strong><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Given the details above, I would be grateful if you could help me with the following:<\/p>\n\n\n\n<ol start=\"1\">\n<li><strong>Potential Conflicts:<\/strong> Is there a known conflict or a recommended configuration when using Lightspeed Cache (especially with aggressive settings) alongside a server-level cache and a separate CDN?<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li><strong>Configuration Check:<\/strong> Based on my report number (<code>JNKDNICM<\/code>), can you see any obvious misconfigurations in my settings that would cause this behavior? Are there specific settings within the &#8220;Aggressive&#8221; preset I should consider disabling?<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li><strong>Cache Generation:<\/strong> Could this issue be related to the LS Cache crawler? Perhaps it&#8217;s not warming up pages fast enough, or it&#8217;s being interfered with by the server cache?<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li><strong>Best Practices:<\/strong> What is the best practice for layering these three types of cache (Plugin, Server, CDN)? Should one layer be disabled, or should they be configured to work in a specific harmony?<\/li>\n<\/ol>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Thank you for your time and expertise. I am eager to get this resolved and am available to provide any further information or grant access if needed.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-18626213","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18626213","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18626213\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":18626216,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18626213\/revisions\/18626216"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=18626213"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}