{"id":18618639,"date":"2025-08-29T04:29:26","date_gmt":"2025-08-29T04:29:26","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/accessibility-92\/"},"modified":"2025-08-29T04:37:42","modified_gmt":"2025-08-29T04:37:42","slug":"accessibility-92","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/accessibility-92\/","title":{"rendered":"Accessibility"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Hey! I had a question about accessibility and was wondering if you have a github page to track issues. Couldn&#8217;t find it.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I am working with clients who are blind and\/or using assistive technology (aka screen readers) and accessibility consultants. While testing out various plugin options, they said an issue with yours is that you use &#8220;role=presentation&#8221; on the frontend (either in the wrong places or too much&#8230;?). I&#8217;m working to get more clarification from them to share with you.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I suspect that your plugin is probably one of the more accessible generally since it uses simple tables and your pop-over is a nice big modal that opens on click and not some finnicky little javascript hover. I also prefer it because of your use of regular posts, two checkboxes and a regular date picker. All these things lead me to believe that the admin sidebar will remain fairly accessible (will have them test out and let you know!)<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Here are two things I found via a quick search:<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">How one post mentions role=presentation should be used (but confusing since it would hide the entire table from aria? not sure) https:\/\/www.emailonacid.com\/blog\/article\/email-development\/why-should-i-set-my-table-role-as-presentation\/<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Example of it failing tests: https:\/\/www.powermapper.com\/tests\/screen-readers\/tables\/table-role-presentation-layout-table\/<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">interesting guide: https:\/\/blog.pope.tech\/2023\/08\/22\/beginners-guide-to-accessible-tables\/<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">More in depth (it mentions a distinction between tables for data versus layout): <a href=\"https:\/\/www.w3.org\/WAI\/tutorials\/tables\/\">https:\/\/www.w3.org\/WAI\/tutorials\/tables\/<\/a><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Thanks!<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-18618639","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-table"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18618639","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":5,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18618639\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":18618651,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18618639\/revisions\/18618651"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=18618639"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}