{"id":18286718,"date":"2025-02-05T14:17:32","date_gmt":"2025-02-05T14:17:32","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/support-php-7-4\/"},"modified":"2025-02-05T14:17:32","modified_gmt":"2025-02-05T14:17:32","slug":"support-php-7-4","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/support-php-7-4\/","title":{"rendered":"Support PHP 7.4"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Is there any chance you&#8217;ll reintroduce support for PHP 7.4? I switched to PHP 8.1 but got a WP error that the mysqli extension is not installed. I questioned the host and received a response that mysqli extension for PHP 8.x is not well-supported, and after some research, it seems that this is true. WordPress in general <a href=\"https:\/\/make.wordpress.org\/core\/handbook\/references\/php-compatibility-and-wordpress-versions\/#supported-version-chart\">only supports the PHP 8.x versions with exceptions<\/a>. I also tried installing the mysqlnd (native drivers) for PHP 8.x but the website started generating other critical errors, probably due to other plugins and code.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">So part 2 of my question (if you have time and would kindly lend me your knowledge)-<br \/>If this plugin does not intend to continue supporting the PHP 7.x, do you know how I should get around this mysqli extension issue? It&#8217;s quite possible that I&#8217;m missing something and just need to fix my server environment (which is a VPS with WHM and cPanel and EasyApache4) so I should be able to do so).<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Thank you for your time and work on this!!!<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-18286718","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-compatability"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18286718","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18286718\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=18286718"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}