{"id":18232429,"date":"2025-01-08T15:49:01","date_gmt":"2025-01-08T15:49:01","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/why-is-jetpack-trying-to-connect-to-my-site\/"},"modified":"2025-01-08T15:49:01","modified_gmt":"2025-01-08T15:49:01","slug":"why-is-jetpack-trying-to-connect-to-my-site","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/why-is-jetpack-trying-to-connect-to-my-site\/","title":{"rendered":"Why is Jetpack trying to connect to my site?"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I&#8217;m continually seeing more and more requests from Jetpack trying to access my site. It&#8217;s attempting to make rest calls and access the XMLRPC. Both endpoints are blocked for security reasons. I have never installed jetpack and have no intention of doing so.  They are coming from various IP address on the 192.0.*.* block. What do I need to do to get this to stop outside of blocking the entire AUTOMATTIC cidr range?<br \/><\/p>\n\n\n\n<pre class=\"wp-block-code\"><code>Ashburn, Virginia, United States arrived from https:\/\/labs.gonzoinc.com\/?rest_route=%2Fwp%2Fv2%2Fusers%2Fme&amp;_method=get&amp;fields=id%2Cusername%2Cid_\u2026 and was blocked for Manual block by administrator at https:\/\/labs.gonzoinc.com\/?rest_route=%2Fwp%2Fv2%2Fusers%2Fme&amp;_method=get&amp;fields=id%2Cusername%2Cid_wpcom\u2026<br \/>1\/8\/2025 9:38:52 AM (1 hour 2 mins ago)  <br \/>IP: 192.0.102.228 Hostname: 192.0.102.228<br \/>Human\/Bot: Bot<br \/>Jetpack by WordPress.com<\/code><\/pre>\n\n\n\n<pre class=\"wp-block-code\"><code>Ashburn, Virginia, United States arrived from https:\/\/labs.gonzoinc.com\/?rest_route=%2Fwp%2Fv2%2Fusers%2Fme&amp;_method=get&amp;fields=id%2Cusername%2Cid_\u2026 and was blocked for Manual block by administrator at https:\/\/labs.gonzoinc.com\/?rest_route=%2Fwp%2Fv2%2Fusers%2Fme&amp;_method=get&amp;fields=id%2Cusername%2Cid_wpcom\u2026<br \/>1\/8\/2025 9:38:52 AM (1 hour 2 mins ago)  <br \/>IP: 192.0.102.228 Hostname: 192.0.102.228<br \/>Human\/Bot: Bot<br \/>Jetpack by WordPress.com<\/code><\/pre>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-18232429","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18232429","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18232429\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=18232429"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}