{"id":18068981,"date":"2024-10-12T19:11:23","date_gmt":"2024-10-12T19:11:23","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/this-is-how-a-wordpress-plugin-should-be\/"},"modified":"2024-10-12T19:17:53","modified_gmt":"2024-10-12T19:17:53","slug":"this-is-how-a-wordpress-plugin-should-be","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/this-is-how-a-wordpress-plugin-should-be\/","title":{"rendered":"This is how a WordPress plugin should be!"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Thank you, @janwoostendorp, for this great minimalist and out-of-the-box working plugin.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I was looking for a plugin that&#8217;d set a default image to posts that don&#8217;t have any, and this plugin is doing exactly that\u2014nothing more, nothing less. It&#8217;s not creating yet another admin menu bar item with dozens of subpages. It doesn&#8217;t annoy you with constant dashboard notices. It doesn&#8217;t beg for donations or includes any watermarks.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">It just works the way you expect it to work.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">It&#8217;s a little sad that the bar is <em>this<\/em> low, but compared to so many other plugins, I think this needs to be pointed out\u2014and reach more people who want a simple solution for a simple problem.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">The only feature I&#8217;d have liked to see is the support for images that are unavailable and can&#8217;t be displayed to also use the default featured image. A quick glance inside the code showed quite a bit of jQuery, which wouldn&#8217;t be my first choice, but it made me think that adding a simple checkbox to have it checking for this (non-render blocking, of course) could be a useful idea.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Thanks for your work!<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-18068981","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-media","topic-tag-simple"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18068981","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18068981\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":18068986,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/18068981\/revisions\/18068986"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=18068981"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}