{"id":17976066,"date":"2024-08-26T14:26:21","date_gmt":"2024-08-26T14:26:21","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/as-a-pro-user-switch-to-cmp-plugin\/"},"modified":"2024-08-26T14:26:21","modified_gmt":"2024-08-26T14:26:21","slug":"as-a-pro-user-switch-to-cmp-plugin","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/as-a-pro-user-switch-to-cmp-plugin\/","title":{"rendered":"As a PRO user: Switch to CMP plugin"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I normally don&#8217;t leave such harsh reviews but man! is this bad.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I make sites for a living so I take this very seriously. I made the mistake of buying the lifetime license (oh my god) and let me give you a crash course of my experience on working over approximately 20 sites this last year:<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">1- Design breaking inside the page when enabling the plugin (there is a bug when interacting with Elements in Generatepress Pro). Imagine the implications: clients complaining about design magically looking different, etc&#8230; A definite red flag that has a very random behavior (sometimes it breaks, sometimes it doesn&#8217;t, just like that). <br \/>2- Cookie notice popping up in front of the &#8220;Under construction&#8221; page -instead of hiding it- (you&#8217;ll find the same issue if you use CookieYes plugin)<br \/>3- I asked support to review all these issues&#8230; and let me tell you, support sucks, the worst I had in a paid plugin. You know the kind of perdon that &#8220;kind of&#8221; reads whatever you send him and then they half-answer you with lies? well, his response was: &#8220;this is a third party plugin issue&#8221;&#8230; YES&#8230; of course, a third party plugin that crushes with your crappy old code. <br \/>4- Also, check the changelog (one or two updates per year, that already tells you a lot about the work put behind). <\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">All in all, don&#8217;t make my mistake. This is what I did:<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Switch to CMP (Coming Soon &amp; Maintenance Plugin) that is FREE (with no PRO or paid version). Once installed, it automatically solved all the issues with Generatepress and CookieYes from the get go. <\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">On top of that, offers way more customization and options are 10 times better. I guess that in the end, this was not a &#8220;third party plugin issue&#8221; huh Ivan? Lol<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-17976066","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/17976066","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/17976066\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=17976066"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}