{"id":17974856,"date":"2024-08-26T02:43:18","date_gmt":"2024-08-26T02:43:18","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/http-vs-https-and-www\/"},"modified":"2024-08-26T02:43:18","modified_gmt":"2024-08-26T02:43:18","slug":"http-vs-https-and-www","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/http-vs-https-and-www\/","title":{"rendered":"http VS https and www"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Hello all,<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I was able to install WordPress stand alone on my server and turned subdomain to true. I also sat SSL supposed to be for wildcard and domain.com. <br \/>now if I open my site, I only can open default site as domain.com, if I add www, it takes me to the initial Apache \/ Fedora page&#8230; I been working on this for almost three weeks and frustrated as a lot of Garbage information on the Net.  The other issue when I&#8217;m logged in wp-admin main site and want switch to the subdomain site .. it takes me to https:\/\/subdomain.domain.com and the page shows not found. If I remove the s from https, then I can go to it and edit and work find. &#8230; if I want visit the site I have also to go to http and not https even the wildcard is installed from letsencrypt. I have looked at httpd.conf, wp-conf.php, .htaccess and lots more including white pages, crashes .. just to get the problem resolve and I&#8217;m going in circles .. I hope that someone can help me here and will be much appreciated !<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-17974856","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-htaccess","topic-tag-http","topic-tag-https","topic-tag-ssl","topic-tag-subdomain","topic-tag-www"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/17974856","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/17974856\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=17974856"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}