{"id":1795869,"date":"2010-12-02T22:31:29","date_gmt":"2010-12-02T22:31:29","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/gallery-image-alignment-or-visibility\/"},"modified":"2016-08-19T20:53:41","modified_gmt":"2016-08-19T20:53:41","slug":"gallery-image-alignment-or-visibility","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/gallery-image-alignment-or-visibility\/","title":{"rendered":"gallery image alignment or visibility"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi there,<\/p>\n<p>I have a Wp site based on a theme to display portfolio images, and I believe they are being displayed using the Wp gallery. A reduced sized version of the image is shown with a full version shown (with ajax) when clicked.<\/p>\n<p>My issue is with how the image is being shown as a &#8220;reduced&#8221; version. Wp&#8217;s gallery appears to show the center of the original image, which is not an ideal to crop or display it. (The left, right, top &amp; bottom are all hidden.) I would prefer for the top of the image to be visible, with more of the bottom hidden.<\/p>\n<p>Is there a way to control how the initial gallery image is shown? Or is there a way to display an image I have cropped for the initial view and then a different full version image file when clicked?<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;ve looked at the DOM using Firebug to look over the javaScript being applied, but it&#8217;s mostly Greek to me.<\/p>\n<p>Gallery page: http:\/\/www.whitbeckweb.com\/portfolio\/<\/p>\n<p>Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated.<\/p>\n<p>Kind thanks,<\/p>\n<p>Jon<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-1795869","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/1795869","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/1795869\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=1795869"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}