{"id":179257,"date":"2005-04-02T22:29:55","date_gmt":"2005-04-02T22:29:55","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/two-timestamps-publish-date-creation-date\/"},"modified":"2016-08-18T19:43:14","modified_gmt":"2016-08-18T19:43:14","slug":"two-timestamps-publish-date-creation-date","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/two-timestamps-publish-date-creation-date\/","title":{"rendered":"Two Timestamps: PUBLISH date   CREATION date"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I am trying to build a WP blog where I can create new posts whose &#8220;real&#8221; chronological date might be years in the past, but which are to be &#8220;published&#8221; at a particular date thereafter, either in the future or the present. <\/p>\n<p>My goal is: (a) to populate a brand-new blog with archival content that I&#8217;ve created over the last 5-20 years (from my letters, journals, emails, etc), (b) to make sure that the archival content appears at the top of the blog at whatever date I choose, even dates in the future, and (c) to make sure that the archival content will still retain the original date when I created them. <\/p>\n<p>In other words, each post needs to have a &#8220;PUBLISH&#8221; date, which is the date when I want the world to actually see it on the blog, and a &#8220;CREATION&#8221; date, which is the date the content was officially created. My understanding is that posts only have one date, the &#8220;timestamp&#8221; date. Is there a way to give posts two dates?<\/p>\n<p>Thanks!<br \/>\n-Cf<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-179257","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/179257","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/179257\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=179257"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}