{"id":17437419,"date":"2024-02-19T18:43:37","date_gmt":"2024-02-19T18:43:37","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/free-is-so-terrible-i-refuse-to-pay-for-premium\/"},"modified":"2024-02-19T19:34:03","modified_gmt":"2024-02-19T19:34:03","slug":"free-is-so-terrible-i-refuse-to-pay-for-premium","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/free-is-so-terrible-i-refuse-to-pay-for-premium\/","title":{"rendered":"Free is so Terrible I refuse to pay for premium"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I should have known not to bother after watching the promo video on the plugin page. (BusinessMEN? Come on.) But this looked like exactly what I needed and I figured the free version would at least allow me to truly test what the plugin could do. Nope.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">To start, there aren&#8217;t any directions inside the plugin screens. NONE. I don&#8217;t expect full documentation, just basic guidance. Didn&#8217;t get any. I wanted to create a gallery of product images that linked out to various sites. I did that, then added to a page to see how it looked. Friends, it was <em>terrible<\/em>. A joke. Not even usable. In order to add any styling or any options at all beyond the basics (which doesn&#8217;t even show the product description in a sensible way) I&#8217;d have to pay.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><strong>Nope.<\/strong><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I assume this is the same for the other gallery types. I uninstalled immediately and came here to post this review. That&#8217;s how incensed I was about this.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">There is no way that a plugin creator who hampers their free version in this manner is competent enough to create something worth paying for. I suggest you save your money.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-17437419","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/17437419","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/17437419\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":17437421,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/17437419\/revisions\/17437421"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=17437419"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}