{"id":17282206,"date":"2023-12-16T08:15:04","date_gmt":"2023-12-16T08:15:04","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/?post_type=topic&#038;p=17282206"},"modified":"2023-12-16T08:40:23","modified_gmt":"2023-12-16T08:40:23","slug":"updates-contributor-changes","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/updates-contributor-changes\/","title":{"rendered":"Updates &amp; Contributor Changes"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Hello everyone! My name is Joshua. I am an engineer working in WordPress. I build plugins and websites.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I recently reached out to Frankie Jarrett, the original author of this plugin, who was willing to transfer ownership over to me. <\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I want to extend my most sincere thanks to Frankie Jarrett for all his hard work on this plugin and entrusting my with its care. I am a long time user of this plugin and want to see it continue on, so I am thrilled this worked out!<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I&#8217;m very excited to maintain &amp; improve this plugin. I welcome any constructive feedback, feature requests, or new support requests.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">For more about me, check out my <a href=\"https:\/\/github.com\/joshuadavidnelson\">Github Profile<\/a>, <a href=\"https:\/\/profiles.wordpress.org\/joshuadnelson\/\">WordPress Profile<\/a>, or <a href=\"https:\/\/joshuadnelson.com\/\">my website<\/a>. <\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><strong>Please <a href=\"https:\/\/github.com\/joshuadavidnelson\/archived-post-status\/issues\">direct Support Requests to Github Issues<\/a><\/strong> and please review the <a href=\"https:\/\/github.com\/joshuadavidnelson\/archived-post-status\/blob\/stable\/code-of-conduct.md\">Code of Conduct<\/a> before contribution or posting in any forum.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">If that is Github Issues is not your cup of tea, feel free to post in the WordPress support forum, but please know that I am slower to respond here.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><strong>My pledge to you:<\/strong> I will do my best to regularly contribute to this plugin and respond to support requests. <\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">However, please recognize <strong>I&#8217;m offering my time and effort voluntarily<\/strong> as I&#8217;m able. This may mean the personal commitments to my time take precedence that delays my availability to respond to support requests or make changes to the plugin.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><strong>Development Plan<\/strong><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Initially, development on this plugin will focus on the following list, in order of priority:<\/p>\n\n\n\n<ol>\n<li><strong>Reviewing and updating support forum posts, migrating them to <a href=\"https:\/\/github.com\/joshuadavidnelson\/archived-post-status\/issues\">Github Issues<\/a>.<\/strong><br \/>The WordPress support forum <a href=\"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/forum-user-guide\/faq\/#why-was-my-post-closed\">closes posts after 6 months of inactivity<\/a>. I am going to review all posts marked &#8220;unsolved&#8221; and, where appropriate, create an <a href=\"https:\/\/github.com\/joshuadavidnelson\/archived-post-status\/issues\">issue<\/a> for it in the Github repository for it, then marking it as resolved. <br \/><br \/>This means <em>all unresolved WordPress Support forum posts older than 6 months<\/em> will be marked resolved, however those that need follow up will receive it in the <a href=\"https:\/\/github.com\/joshuadavidnelson\/archived-post-status\/issues\">Github Issues<\/a>. <br \/><br \/>I will only create a matching github issue <em>if there is actionable items to resolve the issue.<\/em> Some older support forum posts are already resolved with a response, no longer apply, or were not actionable in other ways. I will follow up to this post once I&#8217;ve completed this initial review with a list of the linked issues. <br \/><br \/>After this initial review and migration, all WordPress support forum posts will be reviewed regularly but likely added to Github for tracking and to avoid auto-closing windows. This will also inform the roadmap for future development.<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li><strong>Updating the codebase &amp; adding tests.<\/strong> Please monitor <a href=\"https:\/\/github.com\/joshuadavidnelson\/archived-post-status\/milestones\">Github Milestones<\/a> for updates and broad roadmap.<\/li>\n\n\n\n<li><strong>New Features.<\/strong> Mapping out potential features and improvements. Please submit any feature requests as a <a href=\"https:\/\/github.com\/joshuadavidnelson\/archived-post-status\/issues\">Github Issue<\/a>.<\/li>\n<\/ol>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-17282206","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/17282206","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":3,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/17282206\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":17282216,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/17282206\/revisions\/17282216"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=17282206"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}