{"id":17223197,"date":"2023-11-23T01:36:17","date_gmt":"2023-11-23T01:36:17","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/configuring-wordpress-with-postgresql\/"},"modified":"2023-11-23T01:38:55","modified_gmt":"2023-11-23T01:38:55","slug":"configuring-wordpress-with-postgresql","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/configuring-wordpress-with-postgresql\/","title":{"rendered":"Configuring WordPress with PostgreSQL"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Hello everyone!<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I have installed WordPress 6.4.1 with LAMP on CentOS 9 and everything works correctly, however, what I need is for WordPress to use PostgreSQL as Database Management System. I have tried the wppg plugin and pg4wp, but they did not give me any results. When I type &#8220;localhost&#8221; in my browser, I get the error &#8220;Error establishing a connection to the database&#8221; and when I go to localhost\/wp-admin I also get &#8220;This means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or that the database server on localhost could not be contacted. This could mean that the database server on your host is down.&#8221;<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">No matter how much I look for configurations, restart apache, php or postgres, it does not recognize the database even if the data in the wp-config.php file is correct.I do not know if you can help me with this, please.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">It is not superfluous to add that in my system I have the following:<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">centos-logos-httpd.noarch 90.4-1.el9 @appstream<br \/>httpd.x86_64 2.4.57-5.el9 @appstream<br \/>httpd-core.x86_64 2.4.57-5.el9 @appstream<br \/>httpd-filesystem.noarch 2.4.57-5.el9 @appstream<br \/>httpd-tools.x86_64 2.4.57-5.el9 @appstream<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">mysql-selinux.noarch 1.0.5-1.el9 @appstream<br \/>php-mysqlnd.x86_64 8.0.30-1.el9 @appstream<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">mariadb.x86_64 3:10.5.16-2.el9 @appstream<br \/>mariadb-backup.x86_64 3:10.5.16-2.el9 @appstream<br \/>mariadb-common.x86_64 3:10.5.16-2.el9 @appstream<br \/>mariadb-connector-c.x86_64 3.2.6-1.el9 @appstream<br \/>mariadb-connector-c-config.noarch 3.2.6-1.el9 @appstream<br \/>mariadb-errmsg.x86_64 3:10.5.16-2.el9 @appstream<br \/>mariadb-gssapi-server.x86_64 3:10.5.16-2.el9 @appstream<br \/>mariadb-server.x86_64 3:10.5.16-2.el9 @appstream<br \/>mariadb-server-utils.x86_64 3:10.5.16-2.el9 @appstream<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">php.x86_64 8.0.30-1.el9 @appstream<br \/>php-cli.x86_64 8.0.30-1.el9 @appstream<br \/>php-common.x86_64 8.0.30-1.el9 @appstream<br \/>php-fpm.x86_64 8.0.30-1.el9 @appstream<br \/>php-gd.x86_64 8.0.30-1.el9 @appstream<br \/>php-mbstring.x86_64 8.0.30-1.el9 @appstream<br \/>php-mysqlnd.x86_64 8.0.30-1.el9 @appstream<br \/>php-opcache.x86_64 8.0.30-1.el9 @appstream<br \/>php-pdo.x86_64 8.0.30-1.el9 @appstream<br \/>php-pgsql.x86_64 8.0.30-1.el9 @appstream<br \/>php-xml.x86_64 8.0.30-1.el9 @appstream<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">postgresql.x86_64 13.11-1.el9 @appstream<br \/>postgresql-contrib.x86_64 13.11-1.el9 @appstream<br \/>postgresql-private-libs.x86_64 13.11-1.el9 @appstream<br \/>postgresql-server.x86_64 13.11-1.el9 @appstream<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Thanks in advance and best regards.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-17223197","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/17223197","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/17223197\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=17223197"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}