{"id":17185947,"date":"2023-11-08T20:49:21","date_gmt":"2023-11-08T20:49:21","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/blank-page-or-error-message-when-activating-installing-or-deleting-plugins\/"},"modified":"2023-11-08T21:01:23","modified_gmt":"2023-11-08T21:01:23","slug":"blank-page-or-error-message-when-activating-installing-or-deleting-plugins","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/blank-page-or-error-message-when-activating-installing-or-deleting-plugins\/","title":{"rendered":"Blank page or error message when activating, installing, or deleting plugins"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Hello kind people! I&#8217;m having a bad time with plugins. When I try to do anything with plugins (search, install, activate, deactivate, delete etc.), nothing happens. For example, when I try to activate a plugin, I just get a blank white screen. For an attempt to delete, the text switches to &#8216;deleting&#8230;&#8217;, but then nothing happens. For installations, it usually says &#8216;installation failed.&#8217; Usually, after a page refresh, I&#8217;ll find that the plugin did in fact install fine. But I can&#8217;t seem to delete anything. I&#8217;m slightly nervous that I caused this problem by poking around in the functions.php file (attempting to add Facebook pixel), but I&#8217;m pretty sure it was happening before that anyway. Actually, when I tried to do that it said the file update had failed anyway. Sorry, I have no web development knowledge whatsoever, so I&#8217;m a little unsure what information I need to provide here to help get this resolved. All and any guidance will be hugely appreciated!! <\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-17185947","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-error-message","topic-tag-installation-failed","topic-tag-redirect-issue"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/17185947","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/17185947\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":17185975,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/17185947\/revisions\/17185975"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=17185947"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}