{"id":16960824,"date":"2023-08-09T19:24:24","date_gmt":"2023-08-09T19:24:24","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/first-time-user-problems\/"},"modified":"2023-08-09T19:24:24","modified_gmt":"2023-08-09T19:24:24","slug":"first-time-user-problems","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/first-time-user-problems\/","title":{"rendered":"First time user problems"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">We&#8217;re trying to add a popup for a charity event we&#8217;ve got coming up, but it seems to not be working at all.  <\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><strong>jQuery includes<\/strong><\/p>\n\n\n\n<pre class=\"wp-block-code\"><code>&lt;script type='text\/javascript' src='https:\/\/ironhousefitnessct.com\/wp-includes\/js\/jquery\/jquery.min.js?ver=3.6.4' id='jquery-core-js'&gt;&lt;\/script&gt;\n&lt;script type='text\/javascript' src='https:\/\/ironhousefitnessct.com\/wp-includes\/js\/jquery\/jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=3.4.0' id='jquery-migrate-js'&gt;&lt;\/script&gt;\n&lt;script type='text\/javascript' src='https:\/\/ironhousefitnessct.com\/wp-content\/plugins\/modal-dialog\/cookie.js?ver=1.0' id='jquerycookies-js'&gt;&lt;\/script&gt;\n&lt;script type='text\/javascript' src='https:\/\/ironhousefitnessct.com\/wp-content\/plugins\/modal-dialog\/detectmobilebrowser.js?ver=1.0' id='jqueryDetectMobile-js'&gt;&lt;\/script&gt;\n&lt;script type='text\/javascript' src='https:\/\/ironhousefitnessct.com\/wp-content\/plugins\/modal-dialog\/colorbox\/jquery.colorbox-min.js?ver=1.5.6' id='colorboxpack-js'&gt;&lt;\/script&gt;<\/code><\/pre>\n\n\n\n<pre class=\"wp-block-code\"><code>&lt;script type='text\/javascript' src='https:\/\/ironhousefitnessct.com\/wp-content\/themes\/zerif-lite\/js\/jquery.knob.js?ver=1.8.5.49' id='zerif_knob_nav-js'&gt;&lt;\/script&gt;\n<\/code><\/pre>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Unless I&#8217;m mistaken, Modal Dialog is using the earliest version of jQuery listed (1.5.6), which should be compatible with the later versions used by our theme (1.8.5.49) or WordPress (3.6.4).<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><strong>wp_head and wp_footer<\/strong><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I&#8217;m guessing this is the problem, as they do not appear in our theme&#8217;s style.css file.  The theme was heavily modified by our original developer, who we are unable to contact.  And, I am not a WordPress guru by any stretch of the imagination.  Is there a workaround for this?<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><strong>Third Possibility<\/strong><\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">I may have gotten ahead of myself and modified the dialog&#8217;s settings away from default.  So, it&#8217;s possible one of my changes is causing the problem.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Any help you could please provide would be greatly appreciated.<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Thanks!<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\"><\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-16960824","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/16960824","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/16960824\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=16960824"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}