{"id":16753718,"date":"2023-05-20T13:54:17","date_gmt":"2023-05-20T13:54:17","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/problem-with-inline-equations\/"},"modified":"2023-05-20T13:54:17","modified_gmt":"2023-05-20T13:54:17","slug":"problem-with-inline-equations","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/problem-with-inline-equations\/","title":{"rendered":"Problem with inline equations"},"content":{"rendered":"\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Hi, I&#8217;ve incurred in a fairly strange problem. <br \/>I wrote a post using the standard delimiters &#8216;$&#8217; and &#8216;$&#8217; for inline formulas, i.e. I wrote things like $g(z)$:  and all inline formulas shown up correctly when seen in the post preview. Nevertheless things broke down when I published it: all inline formulas didn&#8217;t appear in the displayed text. Things worked again when I changed the delimiter(s) from &#8216;$&#8217; to &#8216;\\(&#8216; and &#8216;\\)&#8217;.<br \/>Its seems really a configuration problem: all works perfectly in the preview but when the post is published another configuration seem to override the  standard one, causing MathJax not acknowledging &#8216;$&#8217; as a command  but only as typed character. How can I find out what&#8217;s going on?<\/p>\n\n\n\n<p class=\"wp-block-paragraph\">Here are my configuration scripts<\/p>\n\n\n\n<pre class=\"wp-block-code\"><code>MathJax = {\n  tex: {\n    inlineMath: &#091;&#091;'$', '$'],&#091;'\\\\(','\\\\)']],\n    processEscapes: true\n  },\n  options: {\n    ignoreHtmlClass: 'tex2jax_ignore|editor-rich-text'\n  },\n  svg: {\n    fontCache: 'global'\n  }\n};<\/code><\/pre>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-16753718","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/16753718","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/16753718\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=16753718"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}