{"id":1639693,"date":"2010-08-23T20:43:43","date_gmt":"2010-08-23T20:43:43","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/genesisserenity-theme-gone\/"},"modified":"2016-08-19T19:17:35","modified_gmt":"2016-08-19T19:17:35","slug":"genesisserenity-theme-gone","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/genesisserenity-theme-gone\/","title":{"rendered":"Genesis\/Serenity Theme Gone"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>In preparing to launch my site with its own domain (i.e. without &#8220;wordpress&#8221; at the end of the url), I was instructed to go into my GoDaddy hosting account and transfer all the wordpress files into the html folder.<\/p>\n<p>However, after doing that my site did not publish. When I go to my wp dashboard all I see are my pages (without the images I uploaded) and my posts. The dashboard is telling me I have no theme installed. All my widgets, plugins, and images in my media library are gone.<\/p>\n<p>GoDaddy is now telling me I was supposed to backup my database, download it, and then upload it to my hosting account, THEN transfer the wp files to the html folder.<\/p>\n<p>At this point I am not sure what to do reinstate the site. Since wp is telling me I have no theme, do I reinstall the theme at the risk of losing my work? Do I backup the database, download it, and then upload the files to my hosting account.<\/p>\n<p>I would truly appreciate some guidance.<\/p>\n<p>Thank you.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-1639693","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/1639693","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/1639693\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=1639693"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}