{"id":1606001,"date":"2010-07-30T16:08:21","date_gmt":"2010-07-30T16:08:21","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/can-i-do-this-5\/"},"modified":"2016-08-19T18:53:39","modified_gmt":"2016-08-19T18:53:39","slug":"can-i-do-this-5","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/can-i-do-this-5\/","title":{"rendered":"Can I do this?"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I&#8217;m thinking of using WordPress for a new project I&#8217;m working on. I haven&#8217;t used it before but it looks like it might fit the bill and it seems a lot more polished and lightweight than Joomla, which I&#8217;m used to using for CMS based sites.<\/p>\n<p>What I&#8217;m wondering though, is if I can arrange information in a certain way. For example, I need to display a &#8216;projects&#8217; page. The best structure within the site would be a category &#8216;projects&#8217; containing a subcategory for each project. Within each project specific category would be posts associated to that particular project.<\/p>\n<p>So could I have a page called &#8216;Projects&#8217; listing the subcategories of the &#8216;projects&#8217; category each with a description of the project? Then clicking on one of the projects would take you to the list of posts about that particular project?<\/p>\n<p>If someone can be bothered to answer this I&#8217;d be greatful. It&#8217;s probably a bit of a newb question but it saves me trawling through the extensive (but very good) documentation to find my answer.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-1606001","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/1606001","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/1606001\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=1606001"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}