{"id":16002711,"date":"2022-09-12T18:02:35","date_gmt":"2022-09-12T18:02:35","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/the-problem-of-vietnamese-accents-not-being-completely-removed-on-html-anchor\/"},"modified":"2022-09-12T18:02:35","modified_gmt":"2022-09-12T18:02:35","slug":"the-problem-of-vietnamese-accents-not-being-completely-removed-on-html-anchor","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/the-problem-of-vietnamese-accents-not-being-completely-removed-on-html-anchor\/","title":{"rendered":"The problem of Vietnamese accents not being completely removed on HTML Anchor"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Dear Gutenberg team,<\/p>\n<p>I only use FSE theme and Greenshift to create my website. The language I use is Vietnamese. I enter text using built-in unicode + telex typing (this is a common way to enter text with Vietnamese people)<\/p>\n<p>Greenshift enabled auto-generating HTML Anchor for heading block (developer informed me it&#8217;s made by WordPress core)<\/p>\n<p>However, Vietnamese accents are not completely removed on HTML Anchor(heading block).<\/p>\n<p>The same thing happened with the self-generated URL Slug(Permalink). However, the permalink will be completely removed when I publish the post.<\/p>\n<p>The problem of Vietnamese accents not being completely removed on HTML Anchor(heading block) still appears even though I have tried many ways<\/p>\n<p>You can see the picture at the link I sent: https:\/\/monosnap.com\/file\/OxxYxzkcTBp4SwWAhRG7IFKD6F8YWF<\/p>\n<p>All characters need to remove accents:<br \/>\n<code>\u2018\u00e0\u2019=&gt;\u2019a\u2019, \u2018\u00e1\u2019=&gt;\u2019a\u2019, \u2018\u1ea1\u2019=&gt;\u2019a\u2019, \u2018\u00e3\u2019=&gt;\u2019a\u2019, \u2018\u1ea3\u2019=&gt;\u2019a\u2019, \u2018\u0103\u2019=&gt;\u2019a\u2019, \u2018\u1eb1\u2019=&gt;\u2019a\u2019, \u2018\u1eaf\u2019=&gt;\u2019a\u2019, \u2018\u1eb7\u2019=&gt;\u2019a\u2019, \u2018\u1eb5\u2019=&gt;\u2019a\u2019, \u2018\u1eb3\u2019=&gt;\u2019a\u2019, \u2018\u00e2\u2019=&gt;\u2019a\u2019, \u2018\u1ea7\u2019=&gt;\u2019a\u2019, \u2018\u1ea5\u2019=&gt;\u2019a\u2019, \u2018\u1ead\u2019=&gt;\u2019a\u2019, \u2018\u1eab\u2019=&gt;\u2019a\u2019, \u2018\u1ea9\u2019=&gt;\u2019a\u2019, \u2018\u0111\u2019=&gt;\u2019d\u2019, \u2018\u00e8\u2019=&gt;\u2019e\u2019, \u2018\u00e9\u2019=&gt;\u2019e\u2019, \u2018\u1eb9\u2019=&gt;\u2019e\u2019, \u2018\u1ebd\u2019=&gt;\u2019e\u2019, \u2018\u1ebb\u2019=&gt;\u2019e\u2019, \u2018\u00ea\u2019=&gt;\u2019e\u2019, \u2018\u1ec1\u2019=&gt;\u2019e\u2019, \u2018\u1ebf\u2019=&gt;\u2019e\u2019, \u2018\u1ec7\u2019=&gt;\u2019e\u2019, \u2018\u1ec5\u2019=&gt;\u2019e\u2019, \u2018\u1ec3\u2019=&gt;\u2019e\u2019, \u2018\u00ec\u2019=&gt;\u2019i\u2019, \u2018\u00ed\u2019=&gt;\u2019i\u2019, \u2018\u1ecb\u2019=&gt;\u2019i\u2019, \u2018\u0129\u2019=&gt;\u2019i\u2019, \u2018\u1ec9\u2019=&gt;\u2019i\u2019, \u2018\u00f2\u2019=&gt;\u2019o\u2019, \u2018\u00f2\u2019=&gt;\u2019o\u2019, \u2018\u1ecd\u2019=&gt;\u2019o\u2019, \u2018\u00f5\u2019=&gt;\u2019o\u2019, \u2018\u1ecf\u2019=&gt;\u2019o\u2019, \u2018\u00f4\u2019=&gt;\u2019o\u2019, \u2018\u1ed3\u2019=&gt;\u2019o\u2019, \u2018\u1ed1\u2019=&gt;\u2019o\u2019, \u2018\u1ed9\u2019=&gt;\u2019o\u2019, \u2018\u1ed7\u2019=&gt;\u2019o\u2019, \u2018\u1ed5\u2019=&gt;\u2019o\u2019, \u2018\u01a1\u2019=&gt;\u2019o\u2019, \u2018\u1edd\u2019=&gt;\u2019o\u2019, \u2018\u1edb\u2019=&gt;\u2019o\u2019, \u2018\u1ee3\u2019=&gt;\u2019o\u2019, \u2018\u1ee1\u2019=&gt;\u2019o\u2019, \u2018\u1edf\u2019=&gt;\u2019o\u2019, \u2018\u00f9\u2019=&gt;\u2019u\u2019, \u2018\u00fa\u2019=&gt;\u2019u\u2019, \u2018\u1ee5\u2019=&gt;\u2019u\u2019, \u2018\u0169\u2019=&gt;\u2019u\u2019, \u2018\u1ee7\u2019=&gt;\u2019u\u2019, \u2018\u01b0\u2019=&gt;\u2019u\u2019, \u2018\u1eeb\u2019=&gt;\u2019u\u2019, \u2018\u1ee9\u2019=&gt;\u2019u\u2019, \u2018\u1ef1\u2019=&gt;\u2019u\u2019, \u2018\u1eef\u2019=&gt;\u2019u\u2019, \u2018\u1eed\u2019=&gt;\u2019u\u2019, \u2018\u1ef3\u2019=&gt;\u2019y\u2019, \u2018\u00fd\u2019=&gt;\u2019y\u2019, \u2018\u1ef5\u2019=&gt;\u2019y\u2019, \u2018\u1ef9\u2019=&gt;\u2019y\u2019, \u2018\u1ef7\u2019=&gt;\u2019y\u2019, \u2018\u00c0\u2019=&gt;\u2019A\u2019, \u2018\u00c1\u2019=&gt;\u2019A\u2019, \u2018\u1ea0\u2019=&gt;\u2019A\u2019, \u2018\u00c3\u2019=&gt;\u2019A\u2019, \u2018\u1ea2\u2019=&gt;\u2019A\u2019, \u2018\u0102\u2019=&gt;\u2019A\u2019, \u2018\u1eb0\u2019=&gt;\u2019A\u2019, \u2018\u1eae\u2019=&gt;\u2019A\u2019, \u2018\u1eb6\u2019=&gt;\u2019A\u2019, \u2018\u1eb4\u2019=&gt;\u2019A\u2019, \u2018\u1eb2\u2019=&gt;\u2019A\u2019, \u2018\u00c2\u2019=&gt;\u2019A\u2019, \u2018\u1ea6\u2019=&gt;\u2019A\u2019, \u2018\u1ea4\u2019=&gt;\u2019A\u2019, \u2018\u1eac\u2019=&gt;\u2019A\u2019, \u2018\u1eaa\u2019=&gt;\u2019A\u2019, \u2018\u1ea8\u2019=&gt;\u2019A\u2019, \u2018\u0110\u2019=&gt;\u2019D\u2019, \u2018\u00c8\u2019=&gt;\u2019E\u2019, \u2018\u00c9\u2019=&gt;\u2019E\u2019, \u2018\u1eb8\u2019=&gt;\u2019E\u2019, \u2018\u1ebc\u2019=&gt;\u2019E\u2019, \u2018\u1eba\u2019=&gt;\u2019E\u2019, \u2018\u00ca\u2019=&gt;\u2019E\u2019, \u2018\u1ec0\u2019=&gt;\u2019E\u2019, \u2018\u1ebe\u2019=&gt;\u2019E\u2019, \u2018\u1ec6\u2019=&gt;\u2019E\u2019, \u2018\u1ec4\u2019=&gt;\u2019E\u2019, \u2018\u1ec2\u2019=&gt;\u2019E\u2019, \u2018\u00cc\u2019=&gt;\u2019I\u2019, \u2018\u00cd\u2019=&gt;\u2019I\u2019, \u2018\u1eca\u2019=&gt;\u2019I\u2019, \u2018\u0128\u2019=&gt;\u2019I\u2019, \u2018\u1ec8\u2019=&gt;\u2019I\u2019, \u2018\u00d2\u2019=&gt;\u2019O\u2019, \u2018\u00d2\u2019=&gt;\u2019O\u2019, \u2018\u1ecc\u2019=&gt;\u2019O\u2019, \u2018\u00d5\u2019=&gt;\u2019O\u2019, \u2018\u1ece\u2019=&gt;\u2019O\u2019, \u2018\u00d4\u2019=&gt;\u2019O\u2019, \u2018\u1ed2\u2019=&gt;\u2019O\u2019, \u2018\u1ed0\u2019=&gt;\u2019O\u2019, \u2018\u1ed8\u2019=&gt;\u2019O\u2019, \u2018\u1ed6\u2019=&gt;\u2019O\u2019, \u2018\u1ed4\u2019=&gt;\u2019O\u2019, \u2018\u01a0\u2019=&gt;\u2019O\u2019, \u2018\u1edc\u2019=&gt;\u2019O\u2019, \u2018\u1eda\u2019=&gt;\u2019O\u2019, \u2018\u1ee2\u2019=&gt;\u2019O\u2019, \u2018\u1ee0\u2019=&gt;\u2019O\u2019, \u2018\u1ede\u2019=&gt;\u2019O\u2019, \u2018\u00d9\u2019=&gt;\u2019U\u2019, \u2018\u00da\u2019=&gt;\u2019U\u2019, \u2018\u1ee4\u2019=&gt;\u2019U\u2019, \u2018\u0168\u2019=&gt;\u2019U\u2019, \u2018\u1ee6\u2019=&gt;\u2019U\u2019, \u2018\u01af\u2019=&gt;\u2019U\u2019, \u2018\u1eea\u2019=&gt;\u2019U\u2019, \u2018\u1ee8\u2019=&gt;\u2019U\u2019, \u2018\u1ef0\u2019=&gt;\u2019U\u2019, \u2018\u1eee\u2019=&gt;\u2019U\u2019, \u2018\u1eec\u2019=&gt;\u2019U\u2019, \u2018\u1ef2\u2019=&gt;\u2019Y\u2019, \u2018\u00dd\u2019=&gt;\u2019Y\u2019, \u2018\u1ef4\u2019=&gt;\u2019Y\u2019, \u2018\u1ef8\u2019=&gt;\u2019Y\u2019, \u2018\u1ef6\u2019=&gt;\u2019Y\u2019<\/code><\/p>\n<p>Best regards<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-16002711","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-outside-scope"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/16002711","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/16002711\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=16002711"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}