{"id":15737051,"date":"2022-06-14T17:53:58","date_gmt":"2022-06-14T17:53:58","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/i-wish-i-could-use-this-plugin\/"},"modified":"2022-06-14T17:58:36","modified_gmt":"2022-06-14T17:58:36","slug":"i-wish-i-could-use-this-plugin","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/i-wish-i-could-use-this-plugin\/","title":{"rendered":"I wish I could use this plugin"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I&#8217;ve used stripe&#8217;s plugin for years. Very solid. But wanted to try Helcim, which seems to be a great Canadian company with honest policies. But their woocommerce plugin is weak and not frequently updated. Couple of key issues:<\/p>\n<p>They don&#8217;t support USD purchases. Our store is set up for CAD and USD but the plugin fails ungracefully if someone wants to pay in USD.<\/p>\n<p>They don&#8217;t handle order refunds\/voids transparently. If I create an order in the backend and then minutes later refund it via the WC backend, as I do in Stripe (eg a live test after a software update), the helcim plugin should understand that it needs to void\/null the transaction at Helcim rather than refund it. Instead, it tries to refund it and fails outright with no clear idea why. In speaking with Helcim support (which initially I found quite unresponsive after creating a ticket), they grudgingly admitted that that might be a function they should support.<\/p>\n<p>I had a long interview with a junior product manager in Calgary some days later and he did not seem to really know much about woocommerce or wordpress. I spent 30-40 minutes teaching him, and he asked a lot of super basic questions. I told him that if they want more than 300 installations of their plugin, they need to make it way better. It just has to work, like 99% of other wordpress plugins do. At the point I spoke to him, their plugin hadn&#8217;t been updated in a year, which speaks of lackadaisical attention to it. So, as much as I want to send business their way, we&#8217;re an ecommerce store, not a point of sale terminal shop, and I guess I&#8217;ll have to wait until they get their ecommerce act together.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-15737051","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/15737051","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/15737051\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":15737070,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/15737051\/revisions\/15737070"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=15737051"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}