{"id":15700040,"date":"2022-06-01T16:25:34","date_gmt":"2022-06-01T16:25:34","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/php-update-issue\/"},"modified":"2022-06-01T16:27:09","modified_gmt":"2022-06-01T16:27:09","slug":"php-update-issue","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/php-update-issue\/","title":{"rendered":"PHP update issue"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hello<\/p>\n<p>Concerns have been raised already in this forum about not being able to update PHP versions due to having Hit Counter Max installed. I have consulted the discussions and noted an absence of public closure in relation to the queries raised. One such example can be found at https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/manual-fix-for-php-7-x\/ . Yesterday, a colleague representing my host provider tried to assist me by updating my current version (5.6) of PHP to version 7.4, but I required to deactivate the plugin to allow him to do this. When I in turn reactivated the plugin, a fatal error was reported. <\/p>\n<p>Could I please have up-to-date advice on how to address this issue without having a lingering issue with &#8220;Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in \/var\/www\/wp-content\/plugins\/hit-counter-max\/image.php on line 186&#8221; appearing at the top of a webpage (as reported by the user at the above link).<\/p>\n<p>I think that Hit Counter Max is a super plugin. However, I cannot continue indefinitely without updating my version of PHP. I have the plugin set to give automatic updates. Ideally, the plugin itself would have been revised to address the reported conflict with PHP updates.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-15700040","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-php"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/15700040","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/15700040\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":15700045,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/15700040\/revisions\/15700045"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=15700040"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}