{"id":15584847,"date":"2022-04-23T19:31:19","date_gmt":"2022-04-23T19:31:19","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/problems-after-installing-gutenberg-13-0\/"},"modified":"2022-04-23T19:31:19","modified_gmt":"2022-04-23T19:31:19","slug":"problems-after-installing-gutenberg-13-0","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/problems-after-installing-gutenberg-13-0\/","title":{"rendered":"Problems after installing Gutenberg 13.0"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I don&#8217;t know where to ask this question so I am asking it here.<\/p>\n<p>I am using the following:<br \/>\nWordPress: Version 5.9.3<br \/>\nTheme: Child Theme of Blockbase: Version 2.0.33<br \/>\nGutenberg: Version 13.0<\/p>\n<p>Every since I installed Gutenberg 13.0 (which I believe I did on 4\/19\/2022), I can no longer use (effectively), the full site editor to edit the header and footer. It&#8217;s not that I can&#8217;t open the editor, but when I do, I get disk thrashing. When I try to use the FSE to edit the header and footer (specifically, it happens when I choose the Editor under Appearances) everything becomes extremely slow. I don&#8217;t even have to do anything to make it happen. I can wait for the thrashing to begin. I can&#8217;t even get out of it without shutting down the browser.<\/p>\n<p>If I switch back to the parent theme, Blockbase, I don&#8217;t get this problem, but I also don&#8217;t get my customizations from the child.<\/p>\n<p>I have been doing regular updates on both WordPress, Blockbase, and Gutenberg for a few months, and I never had this problem before.<\/p>\n<p>Before I redo my customization work again, I thought I&#8217;d see if I can get any help.<\/p>\n<p>Any suggestions about what I can do?<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-15584847","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-child-theme"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/15584847","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/15584847\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=15584847"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}