{"id":15567608,"date":"2022-04-18T12:17:20","date_gmt":"2022-04-18T12:17:20","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/plugin-suspended\/"},"modified":"2022-04-18T12:17:20","modified_gmt":"2022-04-18T12:17:20","slug":"plugin-suspended","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/plugin-suspended\/","title":{"rendered":"Plugin suspended?"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Please tell me your plugin didn&#8217;t get suspended for the Russian domain block code snippet.<br \/>\nLet&#8217;s keep politics out of software programming.<\/p>\n<p>It&#8217;s safe to say no one here supports Russia (I&#8217;m from Europe). We all do our parts in supporting Ukraine. But implementing borderline malware in a way to protest a war is not helping anyone. There are a lot of .ru websites that have no affiliation with anything russia\/ukraine related. Mainly those who use domain endings for word games in domain names. On top of that, a big portion of the russian people oppose this war and are fighting within Russia. You might accidentally block websites that are spreading information to help stop this war.<\/p>\n<p>Also, this little domain check puts unnecessary load on each website. For every single page load it checks the domains IP and hostname and then checks if it&#8217;s a .ru, by or su tld. If your plugin is used by 1% of .ru domains, you are punishing the other 99% of regular websites by performing additional IP and host checks during every single page load.<\/p>\n<p>Please remove this code snippet, it does more harm to good people than actual bad people.<\/p>\n<p>I really hope you get your plugin unsuspended because after almost 2 years of struggling to find a good WordPress anti-spam plugin, yours is the only one that crosses off all the checks I was looking for.<br \/>\nIn the past 6 months I have installed your plugin on over 800 of my customer websites because I recommended your plugin to them. It&#8217;s safe to say that some of my customers have upgraded to a pro licenses.<\/p>\n<p>It would be such a pain if I&#8217;d have to go through 800+ websites and find an alternative because your plugin got kicked off WordPress.org repository due to a protest. Even if you still offer your plugin via GitHub, I have no way of receiving auto updates at the moment.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-15567608","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/15567608","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/15567608\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=15567608"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}