{"id":15469929,"date":"2022-03-17T19:14:44","date_gmt":"2022-03-17T19:14:44","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/critical-error-plugins-are-deactivated\/"},"modified":"2022-03-17T19:14:44","modified_gmt":"2022-03-17T19:14:44","slug":"critical-error-plugins-are-deactivated","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/critical-error-plugins-are-deactivated\/","title":{"rendered":"Critical Error-plugins are deactivated"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I&#8217;m using WordPress for the first time. A few days ago I installed the latest version, picked a theme and started customizing it. I am using Projectfx and pagelayer.<\/p>\n<p>All was going well until yesterday when I got the critical error message, no email. I cannot log into my dashboard&#8211;I get the same critical error. I checked the core integrity and then tried to reinstall&#8211;it didn&#8217;t work. I tried to follow the instructions on wpbeginner and did get to my plugins folder and renamed it plugins.deactivated as suggested. Still nothing.<\/p>\n<p>I have screenshots of all of this, but don&#8217;t know how to link them. I did copy the  written bit, which was:<br \/>\n<code>Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in \/home\/cassandr\/public_html\/wp-includes\/wp-db.php:1788 Stack trace: #0 \/home\/cassandr\/public_html\/wp-includes\/wp-db.php(724): wpdb-&gt;db_connect() #1 \/home\/cassandr\/public_html\/wp-includes\/load.php(561): wpdb-&gt;__construct() #2 \/home\/cassandr\/public_html\/wp-settings.php(124): require_wp_db() #3 \/usr\/local\/cpanel\/3rdparty\/wp-toolkit\/plib\/vendor\/wp-cli\/vendor\/wp-cli\/wp-cli\/php\/WP_CLI\/Runner.php(1291): require(&#039;\/home\/cassandr\/...&#039;) #4 \/usr\/local\/cpanel\/3rdparty\/wp-toolkit\/plib\/vendor\/wp-cli\/vendor\/wp-cli\/wp-cli\/php\/WP_CLI\/Runner.php(1212): WP_CLI\\Runner-&gt;load_wordpress() #5 \/usr\/local\/cpanel\/3rdparty\/wp-toolkit\/plib\/vendor\/wp-cli\/vendor\/wp-cli\/wp-cli\/php\/WP_CLI\/Bootstrap\/LaunchRunner.php(23): WP_CLI\\Runner-&gt;start() #6 \/usr\/local\/cpanel\/3rdparty\/wp-toolkit\/plib\/vendor\/wp-cli\/vendor\/wp-cli\/wp-cli\/php\/bootstrap.php(77): WP_CLI\\Bootstrap\\LaunchRunner-&gt;process() #7 \/usr\/local\/cpanel\/3rdparty\/wp-toolkit\/plib\/vendor\/wp-cli\/vendor\/wp-cli\/wp-cli\/php\/wp-cli.php(27): WP_CLI\\bootstrap() #8 \/usr\/local\/cpanel\/3rdparty\/wp-toolkit\/plib\/vendor\/wp-cli\/vendor\/wp-cli\/wp-cli\/php\/boot-fs.php(17): require_once(&#039;\/usr\/local\/cpan...&#039;) #9 \/usr\/local\/cpanel\/3rdparty\/wp-toolkit\/plib\/vendor\/wp-cli\/wpt-wp-cli.php(31): require_once(&#039;\/usr\/local\/cpan...&#039;) #10 Command line code(1): require(&#039;\/usr\/local\/cpan...&#039;) #11 {main} thrown in \/home\/cassandr\/public_html\/wp-includes\/wp-db.php on line 1788 Error: There has been a critical error on this website.Learn more about troubleshooting WordPress. There has been a critical error on this website.<\/code><\/p>\n<p>Thanks for any help.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-15469929","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/15469929","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/15469929\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=15469929"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}